Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Default We've finally decided - excursions

Wow, thanks to all who've given us so much help on these boards over the past months. I think we've finally decided which excurions to take. In case anyone has any final comments or questions for when we get back, our itineraries are:

Juneau - Morning East Loop Hike
Afternoon Gold Mine Tour ( ship excursion) starts at 2pm)

Ketchikan - Tatoosh Island Kyacking ( east mountain kayaking, ship excursion ends at noon)
afterwards two hours to explore town

Skagway - Morning HeliHike and White Pass Railway (ship excursion)
Afternoon Rent Bikes and go to Dyea

We're planning to work off some of those dinners!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: We've finally decided - excursions

Hi Rachel,
Glad you finally decided what to do in Alaska, I'm still trying to figure out what we will do where, hope you let us know how you liked them. Its looking like the best place to do some fishing is Ketchikan, so that one is figured out, but there is still the rest.

Enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 5th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Be sure to stop at the Gold Rush Cemetery on the bike out of Skagway, if you have locks hike up to Reids Falls, stop by the trailhead to the Chilkoot Trail and the Slide Cemetery on the way to Dyea, you can take the bridge right back to Skagway - shortcut. Don't cross any standing water across the road, can be a bottomless pit. Nothing at "Dyea" but a very scenic ride.
Old April 11th, 2002, 05:31 PM
gsol

read with interest your excursion choices. I'm new to this board so I must have missed the postings on where to find out what excursions are offered and what posters thought of the various options. Any sites you can refer me to? Thanks.
Old April 11th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Default Re: Re: We've finally decided - excursions

We're sailing on Princess. Their website now has descriptions and listings of all the ship shore excursions offered. We picked many we were interested in and folks told us what could be done better on our own. I could give you all that feedback, but you might as well see what you are interested in doing and get your own feedback first hand. (or just do a search on this board, most excursions, especially glacier landings and flight seeings have been discussed a lot)

Rachel
Old April 12th, 2002, 10:50 AM
gsol

Default Re: Re: Re: We've finally decided - excursions

Thanks Rachel! we're going HAL, I'll check their site for same.
Gail
Old April 12th, 2002, 02:49 PM
jq

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: We've finally decided - excursions

Gail,
We are going on HAL also (southbound, 6/2) and have already gotten our excursion book. It is available on their site but caused me all kinds of problems trying to download or print. I finally got it just before I received the real one.

Many of the same excursions are available on your own and many of the posters here recommend it to save $. We are just now comparing and don't have anything to share yet. Some I called only do it thru the cruise lines, others were basically the same price. Haven't found big savings yet for same company and trip, but still looking.