Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Beginner

Default Fishing in Alaska

We are sailing on the Legend of the Seas the 30th of Aug. south-bound with my parents.They are avid fisherman and would like to sport -fish for halibut. This is my parents first cruise and I would like them to have a great time. Does anyone know which charter line would be the best . They say Sitka is the best for fishing , but we will only be there 8hrs. Will this be enough time? Our other ports are Juneau, Skagway, and Kitchican. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
BFox
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2002, 05:26 PM
viv

Default Re: Fishing in Alaska

Call Orca adventures speak to Carol, they do charters from Kichican full & 1/2 day
she is VERY helpful
Old April 20th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Passenger

We booked a charter with Ken from Northern Lights in Ketchikan. I think the web site is northernlights.com, but I can't remember. Feel free to call him at 888-550-8488. He'll tell you all about what fish are in season at the time, etc. He's very knowledgable and nice. I first found the referral on this board so I'm passing along the good word.
Old April 21st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and son (both avid fisherman) fished with Mike at Ketch-All charters. They thought he was excellent. There were 4 on the boat and they caught 6 Salmon.(June). Web site is www.SureStrike.com. This is in Ketchikan.
Old April 24th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Orca does not run businesses out of Ketchikan, only refers. My family has gone with Northern Lights a few times, but halibut probably would be best out of Seward???
Old April 26th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Rittreid

My husband are going to Alaska next month on Celebrity Summit. We booked a fishing trip in Ketchikan through Larry at Orca. He does not run the business out of Ketchikan but he will make the booking for you. He also said that Sitka was the best for fishing but he didn't have any contacts there. We booked a trip in Sitka through Marcellus at A Whale of a Tale charters. Here is a link to their website http://www.sitka.org/whaleofatale/index.htm