CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/)
-   -   Alaska southbound (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/246400-alaska-southbound.html)

danielwlv June 14th, 2002 06:03 PM

Alaska southbound

Hello all...I will be cruising southbound on the Star in Sept.7th2002. I was wandering what other cruisers might suggest as excursions to do> seaward, Ketchican, Juneau, Sitka and Skagway....thanks all..hope to see some of you there? Daniel

greekgal June 14th, 2002 10:15 PM

Re: Alaska southbound

I too I am going south, on the summit in aug..m We are going early staying in Anch. for a night and then seward. We are taking the Keni boat trip.
In juano we are going on capt. larry's whale watch. In skagway the train and Ketic. fishing. Sitka the otter adven.
If you want more info let me know.
viv

danielwlv June 23rd, 2002 12:57 PM

Re: Re: Alaska southbound

thanks for the info. I'm just now reading it..haha......Yeah i can't wait till my trip comes. Your trip is coming up soon.....Excited? Yeah, i just added on 4 days in Vancover/Victoria after the cruise......I'm still not sure of what excursion i'll do while porting on the cruise...I really want to water raft/and like the thought of Capt. larry's.....any other suggestions? Hav ou been to Vancover/Victoria? Oh, I think we get to Anch. at approx. 2pm and seaward around530pm.....any time to do an excursion prior to our 10pm departure? that trip in seaward you're talking about sounds amazing. kini?thanks daniel

Cathey June 28th, 2002 09:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Alaska southbound

We were on the Radiance 6/15. Juneau we took a float trip by Mendenhall Glacier great river trip we booked thru the cruiseline but try "alaskaadventures.com". Ketchikan if your budget allows you must try "Islandwings.com" a sea plane into Misty Fjords with a lake landing. Michelle the pilot was wonderful. Skagway we were not happy with the Chilkat Eagle trip. We booked throught Shoretrips but were not happy with the local arrangements they made for us. I hear every one that went on Capt. Larry's Whale trip had a great time. In Skagway there is a waterfall (I think Reid Falls) about 2 miles out of town. You can get a car $4.00 each to take you there. Beautiful waterfall worth the walk . Ask the local shops they will know what you are talking about. Have fun and pack that raincoat.

danielwlv June 29th, 2002 12:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alaska southbound

thank you very much for that info. We are booking our excursions this week. I will look into those tours you mentioned. In addition, Thanks to you, I will have to go see that waterfall.........Thank you....Cathey wrote:

> We were on the Radiance 6/15. Juneau we took a float trip by
> Mendenhall Glacier great river trip we booked thru the
> cruiseline but try "alaskaadventures.com". Ketchikan if your
> budget allows you must try "Islandwings.com" a sea plane into
> Misty Fjords with a lake landing. Michelle the pilot was
> wonderful. Skagway we were not happy with the Chilkat Eagle
> trip. We booked throught Shoretrips but were not happy with
> the local arrangements they made for us. I hear every one that
> went on Capt. Larry's Whale trip had a great time. In Skagway
> there is a waterfall (I think Reid Falls) about 2 miles out of
> town. You can get a car $4.00 each to take you there.
> Beautiful waterfall worth the walk . Ask the local shops they
> will know what you are talking about. Have fun and pack that
> raincoat.

Karen16 July 15th, 2002 08:11 PM

Reids Falls

We were on the Radiance 6/15. Juneau we took a float trip by Mendenhall Glacier great river trip we booked thru the cruiseline but try "alaskaadventures.com". Ketchikan if your budget allows you must try "Islandwings.com" a sea plane into Misty Fjords with a lake landing. Michelle the pilot was wonderful. Skagway we were not happy with the Chilkat Eagle trip. We booked throught Shoretrips but were not happy with the local arrangements they made for us. I hear every one that went on Capt. Larry's Whale trip had a great time. In Skagway there is a waterfall (I think Reid Falls) about 2 miles out of town. You can get a car $4.00 each to take you there. Beautiful waterfall worth the walk . Ask the local shops they will know what you are talking about. Have fun and pack that raincoat.

Reids Falls is behind the Gold rush Cementery. It is an easy level 1 1/2 mile walk back through town.

Karen16 July 15th, 2002 08:13 PM

tours

thanks for the info. I'm just now reading it..haha......Yeah i can't wait till my trip comes. Your trip is coming up soon.....Excited? Yeah, i just added on 4 days in Vancover/Victoria after the cruise......I'm still not sure of what excursion i'll do while porting on the cruise...I really want to water raft/and like the thought of Capt. larry's.....any other suggestions? Hav ou been to Vancover/Victoria? Oh, I think we get to Anch. at approx. 2pm and seaward around530pm.....any time to do an excursion prior to our 10pm departure? that trip in seaward you're talking about sounds amazing. kini?thanks daniel

Be advised it is a 3 hour bus transfer Anchorage- Seward- so you will probably arrive later than 5:30pm. You can walk about the town some but really no time for any tours. The Sealife Center may be open late??? if of interest? I have been to Victoria and Vancouver several times- you are in for a treat!!!