Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Drink Cards on Princess Alaska Cruises?

I am a first time cruiser and have read some post about soft drink cards on board. Can someone explain the limits and rules of these cards and if they exist on the Ocean Princess Alaska cruises? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Drink Cards on Princess Alaska Cruises?

The soft drink cards are about $17.50 for a 7 day cruise. They are good for fountain soda on the ship - they are not good for cans of soda.

When you pay the amount - they put a "coke" sticker on your sign and sail card. You show this at bars, in the dining room or at the pool and they will give you a coke, diet coke, sprite or gingerale (there may be more options - I can't remember).

Make sure you show the card or else they will bring you a can and charge you for it.

It worked really well.
Old July 11th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Donna@

Default Re: Re: Drink Cards on Princess Alaska Cruises?

Hi Joel,

I just read a post on another board that said they raied it to $20.00. We had them in December and we will buy them in August since they worked out really well for us. If you get the card, be sure you ask for large when you order - they usually bring small glasses.

Another thing that I just picked up is that Princess charges for hot chocolate (Carnival doesn't) so you might consider throwing a few packs in your luggage if you like it.

Have a great cruise!

38 days to go!

Donna
Old July 17th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Beginner

Default Drink cards

Hi!
We just returned from our cruise where we (2 adults and 2 children) bought the soda stickers. It is a great idea but you have to be a little assertive. Once the waiters discovered we had the stickers, they stopped coming back to get us drinks. There is no gratuity for the waiters to bring the sodas, so either plan to tip them extra or be prepared to walk to a bar and get your own sodas. This was a problem for our kids since they were pretty much ignored at the bar as well.

Our stickers were $17.50 each. If you buy per soda it is $1.00 plus gratuity or $1.50 per can plus gratuity.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

I am a first time cruiser and have read some post about soft drink cards on board. Can someone explain the limits and rules of these cards and if they exist on the Ocean Princess Alaska cruises? Thanks.