Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Beginner

Default Canada Border Crossing

Hi all...I will be driving across the Canadian border to Vancouver. I will be cruising from Vancouver to Alaska on August 12 on HA Vollendam. Does anybody have good/bad experiences with the border crossing by car? What city did you choose to cross the border at? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Fred
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Canada Border Crossing

No problems, either border is fine. Be sure to allow time for crossing. It can take a while since 911, of course. Leave your guns, explosives and drugs at home for a more timely crossing. ;0)
Old August 7th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Canada Border Crossing

Fred,

Hi all...I will be driving across the Canadian border to Vancouver. I will be cruising from Vancouver to Alaska on August 12 on HA Vollendam. Does anybody have good/bad experiences with the border crossing by car? What city did you choose to cross the border at? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

The border crossings should be no problem so long as you and all your passengers have proper documents and you have proper documents for the vehicle. Each person needs both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A passport meets both requirements. In lieu of a passport, though, you may present either an official birth certificate (issued by a government official and bearing the raised seal) or naturalization papers for proof of citizenship and a driver's license, voter registration card, or military identification card for proof of identity.

Norm.
Old August 12th, 2002, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Canada Border Crossing

Crossing the border into Canada at the Blaine, WA Peace Arch took about an hour to get through. Coming back the other way after the cruise took us 2 1/2 hours to get through. We all had passports and no problems at the border. They waved us right through.

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

6/2002 Radiance Alaska
10/2002 Radiance Pacific NW
11/2003 11-Night Eastern on the Brilliance
Old August 15th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Default crossing

thanks in advance,

Fred

I have crossed in Blaine and Lynden, with far less wait at Lynden, BUT not post 9-11.