Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Beginner

Default Carnival Seward to Vancouver 9/4/02

We are taking our first cruise: Seward to Vancouver 9/4/02 - 9/11/02 on Carnival Spirit. We are on the upper deck (5). Carnival handled everything, including air from Atlanta to Anchorage. Any suggestions from you "old timers"?
I get conflicting information from Carnival about my luggage in Anchorage. I called the customer representative and he said I would get my own luggage from baggage claim and take it to the Gray Line person. The book says they will do this. Anybody know which is correct? I read a suggestion that it is good to wait until you get to Anchorage to attach your cruise luggage tags so that you know they made it. Thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2002, 01:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Seward to Vancouver 9/4/02

Not an old timer, but I went June 26th on the Spirit. You can read my review in Member Reviews for more info, but yes, they handle everything as long as you put the Carnival luggage tags on before you go.

They take your bag directly from the airport to the ship. You don't see it from the time you check in for your flight until it arrives in your room. I loved that.

I loved it so much, I'm going again next year. Already booked on the Spirit for June 18th 2003!

Denise