Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Default Anchorage Airport

We will be flying into Anchorage and traveling down to Seward by RR the next day. How far is the airport from train depot? Any suggestions for hotel near either airport or train depot? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Shanon

Default Re: Anchorage Airport

It is approximately 10 miles from the airport to train depot. The are basically across the city from each other. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which is near the airport and it was very nice. It is near Lake Hood which is right near the airport. They have a shuttle free to the airport but not to the train depot. You can take the city bus to the train I believe or taxi. We stayed in alot of hotels in Alaska and it was the nicest and the least expensive. Have a nice trip!
Old August 29th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anchorage Airport

It is a 15-20min. drive to the train station. You will love the train ride. It is sooo much fun.
It goes slow so you can see the waterfalls, glaciers, quicksand, animals, and beautiful scenery. The Grandview train will leave you right next to the ship.
Old August 29th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Default train

We will be flying into Anchorage and traveling down to Seward by RR the next day. How far is the airport from train depot? Any suggestions for hotel near either airport or train depot? Thanks

Actually the train depot is about 12 miles from the airport and usually more than a 15-20 min tranfer when I have driven- all city driving. I would stay downtown if you are on the regular run of the Alaska railroad since that train leaves at 0645. Could stay at the airport if you are on the later cruise contracted train. You don't mention your budget- if no object Capt. Cook is very convenient downtown. I most always stay in B&B's and always have a car. The Ramada-on Muldoon, which can be reasonable has both an airport and rail shuttle- but is not in a good location tourist wise- (not unsafe- just not near any points of interest).
Old August 29th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Delores

Default Re: train

I agree about staying close to the RR station. The Holiday Inn is very nice. We stayed at a smaller hotel nearby. It's only a 5 min. taxi ride to the station. The Holiday Inn may have a shuttle also.
Old September 15th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Lorna

Default Re: Re: train

We stayed at the Sheraton downtown which is a short taxi ride to the train station. Have fun.Delores wrote:

> I agree about staying close to the RR station. The Holiday
> Inn is very nice. We stayed at a smaller hotel nearby. It's
> only a 5 min. taxi ride to the station. The Holiday Inn may
> have a shuttle also.