Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2002, 06:59 PM
misterjohnny

Default Airfare from LAX

I got a quote on Expedia for $575 on United (blech) LAX-Vancouver then Anchorage-LAX (with a change in planes, I forget where). Is this a reasonable price? How much do cruise lines charge when they bundle airfare?
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Airfare from LAX

Hi MJ,
When are you going to Alaska? Reason I ask, I found that you need to keep checking, sometimes they will go lower, so if you still have time, which I think you will, you may find a better flight and price down the road. Earlier this year we got airfare to Vancouver, non-stop from Chicago O'hare for just about $500 round trip. When I first start checking the same flight was $800, so be patient and hopefully you can save a few bucks and may-be end up with a flight that doesn't stop depending on your departure airport. Also, do check the individual airlines themselves, thats where I found the cheaper flight.

Good luck and what ship are you cruising on?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 27th, 2002, 12:25 AM
First Mate

Try a comparison with Alaska Airlines. It should be competitive.

Also, United codeshares (with Air Canada [blech-stale sandwich for lunch and a bag of chips for dinner]) between LAX-YVR as I believe they only have 1 flight a day. So do some checking.

richard
Old November 27th, 2002, 11:21 AM
misterjohnny

Cruising on the Coral Princess out of Vancouver on June 21. Having never flown into one city and out of another (other than on unrestricted business fares, forget that), I really don't know what kind of fares to expect.
Old December 3rd, 2002, 07:43 PM
Admiral

If you fly to Seattle on Southwest or another discount carrier and rent a car to Vancouver
you van save quite a bit on your first leg. Any international flight is going to be quite a bit more expensive due to taxes, etc. A car can be rented in Seattle and dropped off right at the pier in Vancouver for well under $100. It is only about a two hour drive. The one-way ticket from Anchorage is the real killer on airfare.This is worth checking out and it's a pleasant drive, besides.
Old December 4th, 2002, 12:20 AM
First Mate

Our air add-on through Carnival from San Jose, CA was $499, into Vancouver and out of Anchorage for next June. Very reasonable. Check the cruise line rates.

Denise

Carnival Spirit to Alaska