Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jayfoxfire Send a message via MSN to jayfoxfire
Default Pre Stay in Vancouver

Hello Again!!! My group of 12 will be flying into Vancouver a day early and staying at the Delta Pinnacle. Any thoughts/views/opinions/recommendations on that hotel, places around there to have dinner, or activities?

I booked the “Romance Package” for all 6 rooms at the rate of $163.82 (USD$, including taxes). The package includes a room on the 21st-31st floor (which are supposedly nicer, with down comforters and such), evening hors d’oeuvre in the Signature Club Lounge, continental breakfast in the room or lounge, fresh flowers in the room, chocolate & Champaign, and an amenity gift package.

I thought this was a good deal seeing as I checked the Days Inn and with taxes they were quoting $116.22 (USD$) with no amenities and the Delta Pinnacle was only $40 some dollars more and a nicer hotel.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome

=)

(also, any tips or referrals for a limo to xfer us from the airport to the hotel?)

Post Edited (01-09-03 16:43)

My Wedding Cruise on the Coral Princess
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2003, 11:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pre Stay in Vancouver

Excellent choice. We stayed there last June and found excellent service, room, and location. If you are on the harbor side of the hotel you can watch ships arriving in the morning. Easy walk down to the harbor and to Gastown area. Sunday morning we watched our ship (Mercury) arrive - walked to the pier to look around - breakfast & shopped in Gastown - back to the hotel for a 2 minute cab ride(because of all the bagage) to the pier - all by 11:30AM. If you arrive too latefor the dining room, go to the bar and get fish & chips - wonderful salmon.