Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
Sparks

Default Which flight-seeing trip best?

I am trying to decide which flight-seeing excursion to take while in Alaska. We will be on the Dawn in June stopping at Skagway, Ketchikan & Juneau and we will be touring for a week afterwards in the Anchorage/Denali area. I can't decide whether to see Mt Mckinley by plane or do a helicopter landing on a glacier. Any advice would help. Also, what company did you use? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Which flight-seeing trip best?

I have to give an edge to a glacier helicopter landing but if possible I would skimp somewhere and also take a summit flight of McKinley (not the views but over the top). Probably my 2 favorite of my many many Alaska flights.
Old February 4th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Sparks

Default Re: Re: Which flight-seeing trip best?

Which company did you use & which glacier was the best? Thanks
Old February 12th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Bunny

Default Re: Re: Re: Which flight-seeing trip best?

We did a copter landing on the Glacier using Coastal and it was wonderful. I have pictures posted in the Cruise addicts gallery, Radiance June 22, Alaska
Old February 18th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Which flight-seeing trip best?

I have helicopter glacier landed with Coastal the most- 3 trips, TEMSCO 2 and ERA 1. ERA is the ship contractor and does not take direct bookings. As for Mt McKinely - be very careful about descriptions. If you want to glacier land via ski plane - it won't be a summit flight (over the top), but will have summit views. I have done both and the summit flight was my preference, I have gone with K2 but Talkeetna Aero Service the most. AAA discounts are given.