Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2003, 08:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default August cruise

Anyone here going to Alaska in August on the Coral Princess?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2003, 09:48 AM
Beginner

Default Re: August cruise

I see 7 replies to this in the listing but none when I look in the actual thread. Wierd.

Now it changed to just this one. HAHA

Post Edited (03-01-03 08:48)
Old March 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
John Q

Default Re: Re: August cruise

SLI,
I noticed the same thing on replies the other day. The problem seems to be the "who is going to Alaska in 2003 msg from Connie. Because the title is taking two lines, everything below it is off by one line on the reply count. Have never seen this before, but its happening now. Sorry, I haven't been on the Coral Princess.
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have seen this too on one of my postings. I am going on a cruise Aug 23 too but on the Radiance.

First Cruise Radiance - Alaska

Old March 29th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Admiral

Coral Princess with the 4 day land tour after the cruise. 2 nights at Mt. McKinley, 1 night at Denali and 1 night at Fairbanks, with us visiting the North Pole before we fly home!

This will afford a great opportunity for flights to McKinley- I have gone with Talkeetna Aero the most but also K2. The summit flight is my preference compared to a ski plane- have done both. Be aware that the McKinley Princess is out in the Middle of nowhere and you are 40 miles from Talkeetna - where most of the tours depart and 100 miles from Denali Park entrance- so plan your time wisely. BE CERTAIN you have the Tundra wildlife tour at Denali Park and not the useless Natural History tour, if you want to see wildlife. On this short of a tour you may not have a lot of touring options so have your plans thought of before.
Old April 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM
HoneymoonCruiser

Karen16,
We are also on the Coral Princess with the 4 day land tour before the cruise. How do you ensure that you have the Tundra wildlife tour instead of the Natural History Tour. The Natural History Tour is showing up on my itinerary from Princess but I don't know how to get this changed.

P.S. All of your advice on this site has been invaluable! You have taken a lot of the stress out of planning my honeymoon! Thanks ever so much.
Old April 19th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Admiral

You need to go through your ta and see if it is possible to purchase the upgrade- about $35??? On a 4 day tour it may not be possible, especially if you are going via rail.
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:04 AM
First Mate

We are going on the Denali Discovery cruise tour with Celebrity (Summit for cruise portion) A Tundra Wildlife Search is included in our package. Also the Riverboat Discovery sternwheeler cruise and a tour of Fairbanks. We are thrilled that all those excursions are included. Sounds so exciting.! Aug.3 seems so far away! This is the first time in my life that I wish Aug. would come fast.