Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Roxann

Default seattle to vancouver bus/shuttle

Dear Alaska Cruisers:

Going to alaska July 2003 with a few days in seattle and vancouver prior to the trip.
Going from Seattle to vancouver (not renting a car because there are 6 of us) which transportation seems to be the better of the two:

1) Amtrak Bus at 6p.m. (its not a train)
or
2) Quick Shuttle.

The Amtrak is less expensive by quite a bit but which company seems to make the trip quicker and easier???

Looking forward to your input.

Roxann
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2003, 06:44 PM
LisaG

Default Re: seattle to vancouver bus/shuttle

We are planning to do the same thing so I'm very interested in any replies. It looks like they both take about the same amount of time.
Old February 28th, 2003, 01:10 AM
First Mate

Roxann,
I don't know which is cheaper or better, but here is a link for the bus info. http://www.quickcoach.com/
You could also try www.greyhound.com

richard
Old March 3rd, 2003, 01:39 PM
Captain

I have done both Amtrak and Quick shuttle. The length of time and the roads they take are about the same. The one advantage to Quick shuttle is that it will pick you up and drop you off at several locations. Amtrak you go to the Amtrak station and get dropped off at Amtrak unless that has changed in the last year or so.

In other words with Quick shuttle it may save you taxi fare being picked up or dropped off so the price might average out to be about the same depending on where you are staying.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 02:09 PM
Roxann

Default Re: Re: seattle to vancouver bus/shuttle

Dear PEB,

Thank you for information! You are probably correct amtrak and taxi's = quick shuttle. In seattle we are staying at the travellodge by the space needle but not the one where quickshuttle picks up which I don't think is that far from each other whereas amtrak is clear across town.

thank you
Old March 3rd, 2003, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: seattle to vancouver bus/shuttle

You can rent a car from Avis and drop it off very near the pier. They have a shuttle to the pier. It is not expensive when you add up all the costs. I've done it all three ways and the car rental idea is superior.
Old March 4th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver
Default Re: Re: Re: seattle to vancouver bus/shuttle

I agree with Chuch. Go with the rental car. One mini van could fit all of you, but possibly not all your luggage. Better go with two vehicles. Avis is handy in Vancouver, a couple blocks from the pier.
Old March 9th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Quickshuttle stops at the Holiday Inn express accross on the other side of highway 99 from the Travellodge their schedule is available at www.quickshuttle.com Canada Place is one of the stops at the Vancouver end. ($33 one way)

If you take Amtrak there is a Skytrain stop about 1-1/2 blocks form the station. The Skytrain stops at Canada Place. You need to have Canadian money to buy a ticket (vending machins, no human ticket seller) There is an exchange booth in the Amtrak station. (they charge a fee) You are right that the Amtrak station is at the other end of downtown from the Travellodge you are staying at. If you want to take a real train I believe that it leaves at about 9:am.
Old March 14th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Admiral

I wouldn't take the skytrain with a lot of luggage. I have taken Quickshuttle and driven. Both good options. But do check into car rentals, I have rented from Avis, Budget and National, all downtown offices are walkable back to Canada Place without luggage. Be certain to get a downtown rental in Vancouver and NOT airport. As for the routes of the shuttles- they are exactly the same- I-5 to 99.