Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Yeoman

Default which balcony cabin to choose?

We want to go back to Alaska next year this time taking our daughter and son-in-law IF we can get a balcony large enough for the 4 of us to sit out and enjoy the passing scenery. Or we could get 2 balconies if we could remove the partition between them. We can't afford one of the really luxurous suites though. Can anyone recommend a particar cruise line, ship, category that we could book? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with an aft cabin. Wouldn't there be more motion than mid-ship? The one time I got seasick before there was a small amount of side-to-side motion. I looked at the Carnival Spirit (extended balconies), but I see vibration mentioned on alot of reviews. I'm not wild about Carnival to start with, and the vibration scares me off the Spirit. Any suggestions?

Carnival Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: which balcony cabin to choose?

Holland America has a Suite - big enough for 4 passengers. Sofa bed & twin beds convertable to queen. Balcony is HUGE - has table with 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs with a smaller table.

They also have mini suites and the panel between the verandahs can be opened by the room steward for the duration of the cruise.

IMO, the cost for the Suite vs 2 mini suites would probably be about the same since you don't get the price reduction for 3 & 4 passenger with 2 cabins.

Check out their site & check the cabin & verandah sizes.

http://www.hollandamerica.com

Post Edited (04-04-03 22:07)
Old April 5th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: which balcony cabin to choose?

For clairfication- Carnival is totally different sailing Alaska compared to the Caribbean. Similar passengers of other lines with middle aged and above the norm. I would definately get 2 cabins for the privacy.