Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seward to Anchorage

I will be landing in Seward aboard the Carnival Spirit in mid July. I have paid for the bus ride to Anchorage through the ship. Will all the buses be heading out immediately after arrival to go to the airport or do you get a bus pass? I am not leaving Anchorage till 11pm that night. If it is immediately, I plan to go into town and shop, eat good food, etc. Are there lockers for rent in the airport to leave my luggage in? Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2003, 01:28 PM
SharB

Default Re: Seward to Anchorage

Hi! I don't remember seeing any lockers at the airport. I believe most airports have gotten rid of them, due to terrorism issues - I'm sure there'll be someone in the know on this board. With the amount of people to transport, I'd assume you'll go directly to the airport after you disembark, check with Carnival or your TA. If you can't get a locker, you might want to consider checking with the rental car kiosks at the airport to see if you could get a good deal on a 1/2 day rental. That way you could see a little more of what Anchorage has to offer and lock your suitcases in the car. I'm sorry you aren't taking the car from Seward, since the drive is spectacular. Maybe next time?

Shar
Old April 8th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Re: Re: Seward to Anchorage

Thanks, I have decided to take the Kenai Fjords cruise from Seward offered by the cruise ship that way I get a nice day and transportation too. I can't wait.
Old April 9th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Admiral

Be certain you are on at least a 6 hour Kenai fjords trip. It is a waste of time for the 3 hour since you don't even get out of the bay.
Old April 9th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Nancy Larsen

I will be in Seward on June 29 (HAL Statendam).
The buses run twice a day 11am (Arrive Anchorage 2:00pm)
We opt'd to save $10.00 per person and make our own reservations for Transfer to Anchorage. Ship arranged was $59.00. Car rental in Seward was higher too. I rented a Mini-Van at Anchorage Airport for 79.00 a Day unlimited Milelage. Seward wanted 199.00 a day + drop off fees. I check with AAA and they were 299.00 a day Limited mileage. I found calling direct to businesses Car Rentals, Hotels and Excursions better rates than using Travel Agent or the Cruise line. If you call now for July reservations. Also Vancouver Hotel 2 minutes for Canada Place (were the ship is) 65.00 a night + Breakfast.
I like to save when I can. My TA offer only the Pan Am Hotel in Vancouver @ $200.00 per night, nice but I'd rather save the money for the trip.
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Admiral

The buses run twice a day 11am (Arrive Anchorage 2:00pm)
We opt'd to save $10.00 per person and make our own reservations for Transfer to Anchorage. Ship arranged was $59.00. Car rental in Seward was higher too. I rented a Mini-Van at Anchorage Airport for 79.00 a Day unlimited Milelage. Seward wanted 199.00 a day + drop off fees. I check with AAA and

Unforturnatly there is a big difference in bus and self rentalcar travel on the Seward Highway. Myself, it is more than worth the cost difference. One way Hertz rentals run about $200/day for a compact and do not have additional drop off fees. Easy to reserve online.