Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Simon

Default Seasonal/summer work

hey I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me, first of all sorry if this is slightly of topic however any info or adivice would be appreciated. I'm interested in jobs this summer in alaska. Preferably survey work or anything which would enable me to get check out the wildlife the land and the culture of alaska. I'm a outgoing 23 year old scottish male(currently residing in the UK) who has worked outside all my life and have an avid interest in the mountains and the outdoors. At the moment I'm studying at University ( studying remote sensing and GIS) and am looking for something different from the farm work I usely do during the summer. If I have gained anyones attention you maybe wondering why I want to spend some time in alaska! Last year I spent a working a season in a ski resort in New Mexico where one of my next door neighbours mentioned that as he was a pilot in the summer he had flown ariel wildlife surveys in alaska. This sounded an amazing experience and the state fasinates me. So if anyone has any advice on employment for the summer or even part of it or any tips positive or negative let me know.
Thank you

Simon
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Delores

Default Re: Seasonal/summer work

In 1998, my husband & I toured the Interior of Alaska. There were college kids working everywhere - hotels, restaurants, etc. Most of them were from everywhere but Alaska. Our friend's son worked for a fishing guide up there 2 summers ago. Search for "Alaska summer jobs" & lots of job sites come up. It is beautiful up there in summer. Good luck, Simon!!