Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:16 AM
thoth

Default Vancouver bus tours

Upon completion of my Alaska cruise I will stay an extra day to sightsee some in Vancouver. I was wondering what the best way might be. Most likely I will take the cruiseline's bus tour which is $39. How is it? Has anyone taken this tour?
Graylines tours offer a 3 hour trip for $46 which could be much better than what Holland America offers. What I am asking is this>>>>what is the best way to experiance Gastown, Chinatown, and Stanley Park?
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:21 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Vancouver bus tours

i have been checking into the same things. try bcpassport. they have some good tours. also i am going to do a day on my own using the translink service. i will walk from robson street to the dock, cross over on the ferry and go to grouse mountain and the bridge for $3.00. with what i save i will be able to have a great dinner out or on the mountain. have a good time. when are you going. i will be there in the first part of sept. dusty
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:12 PM
thoth

dusty, I will check out your ideas. thanks. !! I will be there Sept 13/14 and 21, and fly out the 22 nd. Vancouver sounds like a very nice place to visit. Since i have never visited Canada, I want to see SOMETHING in that friendly neighbor country. One big concern RAIN!! It is my understanding that is a very wet part of the world. According to USA Today, rain was in the forcast quit a bit lately. Good luck to you in your trip, and please post your thoughts on the whole trip upon your return.
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Passenger

We have booked a bus tour with vancouvertours.com which is part of landsea tours. They pick up and drop off at the hotel you are staying at and have a variety of tours to choose from. Visit their site & see if you like anything.

http://www.vancouvertours.com
Old May 6th, 2003, 10:27 AM
dustyroad

Default Re: Re: Vancouver bus tours

yes, i have made my final tours with landseaa tours. they sound like a fun group and in the same price range as bcpassport.

on the day i arrive they will pick me up at the hotel, see the hatchery, capilino bridge, grouse mt. (the gondula) and take the sea bus back to hotel. all admissions are included and it will definelty take care of my first night there. is is 5-51/2 hrs long.

then on the 10th at 8:30am they will pick me up with my luggage and we will spend 4 hours touring all the things i wanted to see anyway (stanley park, china town, gastown) and many other places. then we visit the lookout to see the ship and they drop you off at the peir. since i am going solo and a few blocks from the peir, this will be a fun and intersting morning before my cruise. i have emailed them a few times and they are very nice and their prices (canadian) are in my budget.

so my north shore tour and precruise tour are set and now i have all my tours for the cruise set. CANT WAIT.
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Tim T

Thoth: My sister and brother live in the Vancouver area, and we visit them almost every summer (from Ontario, Canada). By late summer (ie: when you are visiting), the weather is usually fantastic. We have never had prolonged rain of any kind when visiting. You will enjoy Vancouver immensely, it is one of the world's prettiest cities. That being said, you will no doubt have your squall jacket packed from your Alaska trip, keep it handy, because it can rain.

Regards,

Tim (Triumph, April 03)
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Delores

We went on a 5-hr city tour with West Coast Sightseeing Co. Our hotel recommended them, & it was great. We went up in the Lookout Tower (don't miss it), Stanley Park, as well as Granville Island. We didn't go to Grouse Mountain, tho. We had a great tour guide, & we thoroughly enjoyed it. She picked us up at the hotel, & dropped us off afterwards. We were there last Sept. & had beautiful weather while in Vancouver. I believe we paid $32US. It was raining the day we boarded the cruise, & had sprinkles at Skagway. But that is all!
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:52 AM
thoth

Thanks Tim and Delores for your thoughts. I have never visited Canada, therefore I am very much looking forward to visiting our next door neighbors. Alaska+Vancouver should quit a vacation!
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to robinfield

What would be great is a tour that picks you up after the cruise takes you on a tour of Vancouver and then drops you off at the airport... Anyone heard of something like that as our plane doesn't depart till afternnon and ship ports around 8am and we will have a lot of luggage!
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:26 PM
Yeoman

robinfield,
A lot of the cruises we have been on do have post cruise tours that do just that. A bus picks you up at the dock and you tour and they keep your luggage on the bus and they drop you off at the airport afterward. They usually tell you that if you have a flight leaving after a certain time then you qualify and just then book it from the ship.

Luanne

Old June 1st, 2003, 12:13 AM
thoth

I have checked out the different suggestions on good city tours and it appears that the one offered by the cruiseline might be my best option. it has to be booked on the ship and cost $39 with pickup at the pier and airport drop off. however I am still looking.
Old June 1st, 2003, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to robinfield

This company provides one. Unfortunately it won't work for us because it isn't over until 3pm downtown, and our flihgt leaves at 4pm not giving us enought time to get to the airport: westcoast@vancouversightseeing.com
If you find one that finishes earlier please let me know.
thanks
RobinField@aol.com