Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Default sued@hotmail.com

I'm trying to decide between the rain forest canoe adventure and a tour of one of the totem parks? I'd appreciate any input.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: sued@hotmail.com

I'll assume out of Ketchikan??? The canoe trip only gets Ok reviews and the Saxman tour can be had for significantly cheaper booked right from the dock ave $25pp. If you have time, maybe you could do both??
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
capn'kruzer

Sue27...
Read a review on one of the CM sites (can't recall which) about totem parks. Kind of redundant after about 20 totem poles looking pretty much alike. Something to think about?? Something else to ponder.....If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat? Happy kruzin'
SSaFWs..ED
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Read a review on one of the CM sites (can't recall which) about totem parks. Kind of redundant after about 20 totem poles looking pretty much alike. Something to think about?? Something else to ponder

Did you happen to take any of these tours? I have to disagree. If you are interested in native culture they are worthwhile and Saxman Village is a reasonable tour booked locally for around $25. And the poles actually are all different. Happy travels.
Old May 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
capn'kruzer

Default Re: Re: sued@hotmail.com

Karen16...
Didn't take the tour, just noted what was said by one who did.
SSaFWs..ED
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:09 AM
HarryB

Been to Saxman and totem bight, saxman is better as you actuall see poles being carved and interact with the natives. The tours from the dock are better and when I asked about the simular busses used was allowed to see the other cruise line logos. They all use the same tours and just replace the magnetic signs when they go to the other ship. The bus we were on was licensed to Princess however the signs and logo including personnel name tags were RCCL. The tour guide confirmed her pay check was from Princess.