Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
nelson

Default Skagway - Spirit Lodge Horseback

Was wondering if anyone has been on this excursion and your comments on it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2003, 12:39 AM
dustyroad

Default Re: Skagway - Spirit Lodge Horseback

nelson

i have tried to find the tour you are interseted in and cant find any information on it. i am also interested in a horse back riding tour and would like to know about the one you are talking about. can you tell me what site to go too for more information. thanks.
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:07 PM
nelson

Default Re: Re: Skagway - Spirit Lodge Horseback

I found this shore excursion under hollandamerica.com but have not been able to find anything further.
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:54 AM
dustyroad

thanks for the reply nelson

i will book a horseback riding tour through a different group.
Old June 5th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Skagway - Spirit Lodge Horseback

Dustyroad

If you are looking for a horseback riding in the same area - there is another well established horseback outfit called Yukon Horseback Riding Advernture Tours just past Emerald Lake towards Whitehorse. It 's approx. a mile past Emerald Lake. You get a spectacular hillstop view of Emerald Lake. The guide is very experienced and she is very informative. I had a wonderful time riding with them. After the ride they treated us to some snacks and refreshments in their rustic "cookshack" - it's suppose to look like the old gold rush days. You can find them at www.southeasttours.com. The website offers some good pictures of the ride. Spirit Lake Lodge is situated before Emerald Lake but their ride is pretty bland and their corral is just as uninteresting.
Old June 6th, 2003, 12:46 AM
niterider

Our friends took the horseback tour through HAL at Spirit Lk. and were very disapointed. The tour was short and never offered any variety, they had a short tour through the bush and couldn't see any views. They said they had to ride the ditch for quite a while and there was no option but to wear helmets. The horses were small and some of them were showing alot of ribs, they said they would be complaining! Reminded me of riding in Mexico when I heard their story!

I know of a tour operator Nancy who said they should have gone with Southeast tours out of Skagway who have been selling a fivestar tour for the past few years. I have seen some postings on the cruise critic on horseback out of skagway, you may want to try there. I will try and find out more and if I do I will be back...