Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Default change in dining time assignment

Yikes. We just got our packet for RCI Vision of The Seas June cruise and found we were somehow put in the late seating . The rep said they could not change it now but if we contacted the maitre d the first evening "it should not be a problem" Am I getting the runaround here? Will we be able to change? I've never had this happen before and am traveling with two preschoolers so the 8:30 seating isn't an option. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: change in dining time assignment

I would change it now, early seating is far preferred by Alaska cruisers and most always more heavily booked. Although, my clear preference is late for the ability of long port times and excellent evening sailing wildlife viewing opportunities.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 09:42 AM
John Q

Default Re: Re: change in dining time assignment

We booked on HAL for Southbound tour last year about 5 mos early and requested early dinner. When we got our docs, of course we had late, which doesn't workd for our schedule. We also tried to change beforehand and were told we had to wait. Upon arriving aboard, our cabin had a notice that they could not change any dining to early. We went to see the dining room mgr the next morning as instructed and had no problem switching, but it still gave us stress over the lack of response on this. I heard other people had the opposite problem. It almost seems that whichever you request, they switch. I can see the problem if you book a month before the cruise but six mos out shouldn't be issue. We saw several empty spots and a few tables open all week long at early dining. Hang in there, state your case politely and I'm sure they will be able to accommodate. With our port schedule, we never had to give up port time to get back to early dinner although we had to hurry a few times.