Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Eiben

Default Bus vs. Limo

Cruising 9/20/03 Seattle to Vancouver. Can I book bus or limo transfer back to Seattle now? (With the cruise line or not ? ) Anyone use a limo? Cost? Any e-mail addresses would be helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Bus vs. Limo

There is a shuttle bus with Quick Shuttle, $41 pp Canada Place to Seatac. Can be dropped off downtown too. Since you are 140 miles away a limo would be costly, I recall, vaguely about a $300. trip?? there is also Amtrak, but I mostly drive, easy to pick up a downtown Vancouver car and drop off at Seatac. Handy with several layover hours if on a red eye flight.
Old May 24th, 2003, 01:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

One way rentals some hefty drops off charges: aroiund $150 each leg. I know, we checked as we sail 6/1. I booked the quick coach via www.quickcoach.com.
Old May 24th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Admiral

I have easily found rentals in the $90-100 range, don't know where you are looking but I have rented from Avis, National, and Budget. I currently have a rental from Hertz for $90, of course if you are looking at a large car the rates will be higher, these were for a midsize.
Old May 25th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Beginner

Take Amtak! You can get a First Class ticket to Van Couver for only $18.00 per person. The trip is spectaculer! The train runs right along the water and the views are unbelievable. There is a ding car. First class plays a movie, but I have never watched it! The scenery is just to fantastic.

Old May 25th, 2003, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

The rental itself was fine, less than mentioned. Thr DROP OFF charge for pickup in one location(SEA) and drop at the other(YVR) added on another $150.
Old May 26th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Admiral

I have rented from Avis in the $70 - 80 price range including any drop-off charges. The train is great but times are weird unless you take the Amtrak bus.
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Admiral

The rental itself was fine, less than mentioned. Thr DROP OFF charge for pickup in one location(SEA) and drop at the other(YVR) added on another $150.

Then, respectfully- you rented from the wrong company. I have NEVER had additional drop off charges and I would guess you went with Alamo??? As stated above, I have rented from Avis, National, Budget and currently have a rental with Hertz. I have never paid over $100/day.