Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default formal wear for men

I am wondering if men wear tuxedos formal nights on Alaskan cruises. Or is it more casual than Caribbean cruises? My husband has a tux and figures he might as well get wear out of it, but he doesn't want to be the only man in a tux. Thanks for your help!

Old June 19th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: formal wear for men

Bobbie..
Men indeed do wear tuxs on formal nite. However some people continue to dress like they are going to McDonalds or Pizza Hut. YUCK!! Just returned from Alaska cruise on the Sky on the 14th, and were seated in the 7 Seas d/r with 3 other couples. Ms.kruzer and I along with 1 other couple were properly dressed for formal. The other 2 couples were dressed in polo shirts, slax and one man had jeans on and the staff did nothing to discourage this. I guess the formal minded will just have to bite the bullet and keep on dressing the proper way and hope that the lines will get some guts about themselves and start enforcing the rules. (I won't hold my breath..)
SSaFWs..ED
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Passenger

Fortunately on our cruise, most of the men wore either tuxes or suits. Part of the fun of formal nights is dressing up, eating at a classy restaurant, and getting pictures done. Some people are starting to dress down for the occasion but they are still in the minority. Get your best duds and enjoy the night.
Old June 19th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: formal wear for men

Thanks for your reply!

Old June 19th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Barb,
My husband wore his Tux last year on Infinity in Alaska, and he was not the only one in a tux either, so go ahead and pack the tux :-)

Message Boards Moderator