Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Default Is the Dawn getting "worn"? AK cruise 8/11

I'm wondering if I got my Mom on the right cruise. I will worry about it until we get on board. I fell in love with the Dawn Princess when she was new from the shipyard in 1997. My mom has only been on Cunard and it was like pulling teeth to get her on Princess. Now that I have, will she be dispointed? Any recent cruisers on the Dawn with info on her "condition" would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2003, 06:11 PM
mike & jon

Default Re: Is the Dawn getting "worn"? AK cruise 8/11

saw posts on down the messaage chain saying dawn was still "super" and well-maintained. heard nothing but good about her...i'm going sept. 8 but haven't found ONE other booking on board responses! maybe i automatically get the top suite lol......mike
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Passenger

We just returned from sailing on the Dawn. We sailed the Dawn when she was brand spanking new and I didn't notice any "wear" on this trip ( and I looked ! lol ) I've never sailed on Cunard, so I don't know whether your Mom will be let down or not. I will say this....while we got a kick out of the activity directors, the shows were a let down. They would have a movie as one of the nights MAJOR events. I've sailed where they do this maybe once during the week, or show a movie at offtimes. But, for a movie to be promoted as their big show stopper??? I'm kind of wondering if more effort's going into the newer ships sailing Alaska? At any rate, we had a great time. Missy
Old July 26th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Puzzled

Default Re: Re: Is the Dawn getting "worn"? AK cruise 8/11

Can anyone tell me what means, that I read a lot on these boards?
Old July 26th, 2003, 06:39 PM
SF Sharon

Sure.... means "laughing out loud."
LMAO means "laughing my _ _ _ off."

<g> means "grin" or "grinning"

There's a whole bunch of these written on a list somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't post it here for you. :-)
Old July 30th, 2003, 06:32 PM
saskgirl

Taffyhorse, Are you cruising with your mom to Alaska on August 11 from Vancouver?
Because if you are, then we are on the same cruise and I am going with my mom too !
We are 73 and 42 - how about you? Where is your cabin ? Where are you from ?
Hope to hear from you !
Saskgirl
Old August 13th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Captain

We were on the Dawn in Alaska last year, and it was a great ship. No wear and tear at all. If your Mother has been on some luxury lines, she's going to notice a difference in the food more than the accomodations. The Princess food is good, and there's certainly plenty of it on any cruise if you are served something you don't like, but it's not gourmet, and it's not going to measure up to Crystal or probably even Celebrity.
Old August 18th, 2003, 12:36 AM
TamiM

We sailed the Dawn in July. It was our first cruise, so I don't know what she looked like new . But we were impressed with her upkeep. We smelled/and saw new paint, saw the painters working on the employees stairs. No stains on carpets or furniture, etc. No dust or dirt in corners. Brass/other metals all shiny. They have done a great job to have had 2000+ people (plus 800+ crew) each week, for 6 years, and not have it show.

Tami