Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:29 PM
JAB

Default Where can I buy pre-cruise wine near Canada Place in Vancouv

We'd like to bring serveral bottles of wine and champagne on the cruise. Anyone know a liquor store or wine shop near Canada Place pier where we can buy California wines?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:46 PM
hbmom

Default Re: Where can I buy pre-cruise wine near Canada Place in Van

We just returned from our cruise this week. We stayed in Vancouver for a few days before and after the cruise and found it incredibly expensive. We are from California and were glad to have brought our own port and wine as the prices in Vancouver were a good 30 to 40% higher than in the U.S. Bring it from home or buy it on board.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 12:13 PM
Beginner

there's are wine/liquor store downtowns, but i agree that the prices weren't very good, even with the exchange rate. you could probably call the pan pacific hotel to find out if they have a wine store 'attached' to their hotel...there's a bc liquor store at harbor centre, or albeni @ thurlow.
also, i'm not sure if where you were planning on drinking the wine, but most lines have a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room. (none if you drink it in your stateroom) for wine in the dining room, we found the prices on princess to be very reasonable.

have fun!
Old June 22nd, 2003, 02:06 PM
francine

I am buying wine and champagen in Vancouver as I do not want to lug it to Canada.
I found a site that lists all the liquor stores and from it you can get prices.
http://www.bcliquorstores.com
From checking the prices - I see that buying French wine and champagen is the better deal. Yes I am from No.California and love our wines, but I also like French and Italian wines too. So I get to have the very expensive French champagnes at a better price than I pay in SF.Check it out.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
Passenger

Doesn't Princess have a policy against bringing your own Wine, soda etc.?
Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:33 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Where can I buy pre-cruise wine near Canada Place in

nope, princess allows you to bring wine & champagne on board. it's on their website. they just charge a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:23 PM
SF Sharon

The corkage fee was $10 in May above the Star Princess for our lovely Sonoma County wine. California wines have been beating the French wines in some major competitions recently. The French wines probably are coming down in price, since so many people are not buying French wines this year.