Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:22 AM
DaveH

Default Vancouver & Seattle Hotel Savings!!

I originally booked the Hyatt in Vancouver at $150 (US) and the Warwick in Seattle at $189 post-cruise in August. Despite many posts of successful bids on Priceline, I was skeptical about using it. However, I just tried it this morning and got the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle for $55 (US) and the Grand Hyatt in Seattle for $98. I am saving almost $200 over 2 nights. The other bonus (just as important in my mind) is that they are now paid for before I leave. This is an expense I won't have to worry about charging on our vacation. So, now that my cruise, airline and hotels are all paid up, the only expenses I have to worry about are shipboard expenses and meals off ship and souveniers. It's great to have a trip almost completely paid for before even leaving. If you decide to use Priceline, make sure you go to www.biddingfortravel.com first to find out how much you should bid.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Captain

Default Re: Vancouver & Seattle Hotel Savings!!

The Grand Hyatt in Seattle (we also booked that but I think it was through Hotwire) is fabulous. You will love it.
Old August 31st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Vancouver & Seattle Hotel Savings!!

Sounds like you got great bargains. I've been hesitant to try Priceline since you don't know what hotel you get until after you pay for it! I've heard of others getting the Seattle Hyatt also. It seems like it's one of, if not the nicest downtown hotel. Congrats!