Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2003, 01:37 AM
Yeoman

Default my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WOW

i just got back from my cruise to the inside passage on the carnival spirit and all i can say is WOW. it is huge, glamourus, easy to get around in and has a great capt. he came into the ports like the ship was a feather. it was amazing.

this trip was fantastic and i cant wait to go back. you absolutely have to spend at least one extra day in vancouver ( a week would be better ). there is so much to see and do for little or no money. stanley park, granville market, gastown and chinatown are great for spending time and not spending money. you can browse and window or market shop all day and not spend a thing.. i will be doing more vancouver vacations in the future.

in juneau i did the capt larry whale tour and loved it. we saw lots of whales, sea lions and eagles. it was well worth the money and they gave us a great time. capt larry is really good at finding the whales and giving you your moneys worth.

michelle with island wings in ketchikan is fantastic for flying over the fjords and taking in the lakes and waterfalls. we had a sunny day for my trip . there were lots of mt. goats and other wildlife to be seen. we just missed the bears ( by the way the fish were on the shore of the lake we landed at ) she said. she is an excellant pilot and does a great job of showing you the best there is too see. if weather conditions are not right for the trip she will tell you up front and not waste your money.

i went to the white pass summet and did gold panning in skagway. i did not go on the train but took a private tour in a nice van . it was fun , but the next time i will use this town as my walking around and seeing things on my own port. there are alot of interesting shops to go through also. creek street was really neat and the creek was loaded with salmon. they are huge.

we had great weather the whole week and i cant describe how beautiful it is there especially in glacier bay.

and the ship is awesome. i loved the food, entertainment and just being able to relax in a comfy chair when i wanted too. i had an inside cabin and loved how dark it was in the day time to be able to take a nap. the employees are wonderful at their jobs, always have a smile on their face and are there in an instant too help you.

my cabin was on the main deck (4th ) 4233 and in the back of the ship. im glad i was there . our first day out to sea was rather rough and my cabin did not rock as bad as the forward part of the ship. it was nice and dark, i had pleny of room and the shower was not small at all. i had plenty of room in the cabin. i was by myself and still had two single beds.

and as i said earlier, the food is out of this world and you can eat 7-24 and get something new each time. the hamburgers and pizza are the best. room service is fast and the lido has so many choices to pick from it is hard to decide just what to eat first. so go hungry. and what ever you do smile all the time. the photo and vidio guys are always taking shots from afar.

it was a great trip and i cant wait to go back. dusty
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2003, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WOW

Hi Dusty,
Welcome back from a great trip, also glad you enjoyed Capt. Larry, isn't he something else? Very knowledgeable about whales, thats for sure.

Hope you start a gallery with all your pics??

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
Yeoman

thanks donna

all the help from all of you here on the board really made my trip so much better and easier. sorry i cant do a gallary. i dont have the set-up for that but everyone here is amazed at how gorgeous it is there. now i will be spending my time planning another trip. oh, and i guess i better start my fall cleaning. i have kind of let things slide while i was planning this cruise. so i will be busy doing that and remembering how wonderful my alaska trip was. thanks for all the help. dusty
Old September 25th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Hi Dusty,
I'm glad you had such a great trip. I had thought about you when I was on mine hoping you were having as good a time as we did. Wasn't it fantastic. I just can't stop thinking about it. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Sally
Old September 25th, 2003, 01:59 PM
jq

Default Re: Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WOW

so when do we get to see the pictures?
Old September 28th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WOW

saylorgirl

i was thinking about all of the you guys too as i was standing on the deck and looking at the beautiful mountains and glaciers. i am so glad that you had a great trip too. are you planning another trip for next year? i cant decide were i want to go next fall, back to alaska or to the n.e. and and into canadasee the leaves changing . it is really tough to decide.

jg. sorry i do not have the set-up to post pics. i really need to upgrade my whole computer set-up so i can make a gallary and show off the great pictures like everyone else. for now i will just have to do with what i have.

isnt it fun to plan and surf the net for all the great things to do for the ports and ship?

HAPPY PLANNING TO ALL. dusty
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WOW

Dusty,
I know what you mean about next year there are so many choices. I really enjoyed the scenery around Vancouver and would love to go back to Ketchikan. I don't know where we will go next but I agree half the fun is in the planning of the trip. We are enjoying watching the videos and looking at the pictures for now.

Sally
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!! WO

Dusty,

Glad to hear you had such a great time up in Alaska. I was reading your sightseeing plans on another discussion board and you had mentioned booking with Land/Sea Tours. I can't find their website and was hoping you could help me. We're planning a trip next year and after hearing all about yours, I can't wait!
Old October 14th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my inside passage cruise on the spirit!!

cathy,

you will love vancouver and land and sea tours are the best. i found them through
bcpassport.com. what a great site for all the city and port info. i also got them at
landsea tours vancouver. their pre-cruise tour is great for getting in the sites and then being dropped off at the port. granville market is awesome and i wish i could have spent more time there. make sure you find the wine there for your cabin. the ice wine is wonderful and cheap. i dont know what ship you will be on but they let you take a few bottles on when you board at canadian place. have a wonderful time and if you cant find them make sure you let me know. dusty

Post Edited (10-14-03 11:28)