Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Beginner

Default Seattle hotel recommendations? Getting to pier?

We are narrowing things down and will probably book the Oosterdam out of
Seattle June 5 (sooooo excited!).
Does anyone have a hotel in Seattle to recommend? We plan to arriveat least a day ahead of the cruise departure. Do hotels have shuttles to the piers?
Also, any highlights of places to visit in Seattle prior to going on the cruise? (we have 3 teens). Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Seattle hotel recommendations? Getting to pier?

Pikes Market and the Underground tour are my top picks. there is also a Park Service visitor center that will give you a start on the gold rush history. It is only a short cab ride to the dock for most downtown hotels - if shuttles aren't available. Priceline has had some good wins but with your numbers 2 rooms would be best.
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Seattle hotel recommendations? Getting to pier?

Hi--

The Oosterdam on June 5 is leaving from terminal 30, which is not close to any hotels downtown (it is in the area on the southern edge of downtown, sort of near the baseball stadium but still far away). No hotels that we have heard of is shuttling to that area for free, so you will have to take a cab.

One option you might think of is getting 2 rooms on priceline and split up--one adult and one teen in one room, and one adult and 2 teens in the other room. Try bidding on a 3* or a 4* hotel in the downtown area.

otherwise, the downtown hotels are going to be expensive, but definately the most convenient. The top things I recommend for teenagers would be Pike Place Market (to see the fish being thrown), the Seattle Center area (where Space Needle and Experience the Music Project is) and the Seattle Aquarium (if they are into that), as well as the above mentioned Undeground tour. Any of the hotels downtown will be easy to navigate from to those attractions (free buses downtown and the monorail to Seattle center from downtown). My cousins who are teenagers (14 & 16) loved the Experience the Music Project anad going up in the Space Needle and riding the monorail back and forth there from downtown.

Another idea for something cheaper is the Lake Union area--they have several nice hotels and one the Silver Cloud Lake Union has a free shuttle to downtown attraction areas. It's cheaper than the downtown hotels and very nice, might be a possibility for you.

E-mail me if you want any more info or help.
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Passenger

I got a great price through hotwire.com for the sheraton downtown (usually $200 and up) for $95
Old February 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Passenger

I got a great deal at the Sheraton downtown, for $95, through hotwire.com
This hotel generally starts at $200 and up.
Through hotwire you don't know the name of the hotel until after you book, the sheraton is considered a 4 1/2 star hotel, another in the category is the hyatt that someone else got for $100, you can;t go wrong with either, and the savings through hotwire were excellent.
Old February 15th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestions, but we have now changed our plans! Sailing on the Radiance of the Seas out of Vancouver June 5 - I got a hotel in Vancouver for the night before the cruise, and at SeaTac after the cruise - both thru Hotwire. We are flying to Seattle and taking a bus to Vancouver. So we're all set now!