Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 02:39 PM
Allan

Default Alaska 2005

When will the 2005 schedules and reservations be available?
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Alaska 2005

Last year Princess was the first to get theirs out in late April, I think. The others slowly followed. HAL got theirs out in late July or August. We, to, are anxiously awaiting them!

Carnival Inspiration
Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

I am looking to do a small family group (3-5 cabins) in 2005 too. Since Mom (me) is paying all this and we have friends in Seattle I am looking at round trip Seattle or Vancouver. Group anyone?
Old February 25th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Passenger

My wife will be celebrating a special anniversary on June 29, 2005 and we would like to be on a southbound (Glacier Bay included) Alaskan cruise at the time. If Holland America doesn't get their schedule out until July of this year, they will surely miss out on our reservation. I would like to book a deluxe veranda suite and would prefer to have everything in place by the 1st of July. If LindaE is correct, then maybe I need to start to look at Princess or other cruise lines. NCL already has their schedule out for 2005.
Old February 26th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Admiral

I think waiting until July is more than enough time. (I am lucky to book 75 days ahead- I'm now in the middle of my planning my trip 3-20-04 ) But with you cabin selection you are very wise for the early booking. I definately give an edge to HAL for their Seward departure. IF YOU plan your time wisely you can enjoy the many attractions in Seward. I also would recommend interior travel before- In/out of Anchorage isn't a frequent trip for most and why not take advantage of the supurb touring there? I am a strong advocate of the easy and superior independent travel in Alaska, but if going on a cruisetour- take the longest you can afford- ideally 7 days. Any shorter has too much time in transit compared at the destinations, 5 days with independent traveling. Be certain to allow fund for the great touring options- you get only half a trip without them.
Old February 26th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Alaska 2005

Dick,
If you find the 2005 schedules before I do, please post a note here.

Carnival Inspiration
Old February 26th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Yeoman

Where did you find the NCL 2005 itineraries? I just checked out their web site and all I saw was 2004.

Carnival Inspiration
Old February 27th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Alaska 2005

Linda,

Here is a link to a May, 2005 Alaska cruise offered from NCL.

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_02.htm

I just glanced at the schedule quickly and thought there were more dates. Must have been just this one cruise. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll let you know if I see anything posted from HAL. We would like to do a 7-day inland tour before getting on the ship, so we would like to see what options we have ASAP.

Dick
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Dick- look at this year's tours, they will offer the same next year. Do your research now and decide what areas are of interest to you. Mostly the same areas- just extended times. I recommend adding independent days at the begining so to see Anchorage/Fairbanks- little is seen of either on tours.
Old February 28th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Passenger

Karen,

Thanks for your suggestions. Our plans would be to fly into Fairbanks a couple of days before getting on a McKinley Explorer rail trip offered through HAL (their trip #18). The 100th anniversary of the Annual Midnight Sun Baseball game is on June 21st and it would be great timing if we could be there for the game. I'm a big baseball nut! Hopefully a few extra days in Fairbanks would let us reduce the jet lag (from Rochester, NY) as well as see some extra non-tour sights. We do spend an evening in Anchorage, so it sounds like I need to address how we can make the most of of time while we are there.

Thanks for your help and advise. So little time and so much to see!

Dick
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Admiral

I'm from Syracuse. Request the visitor guides, www.explorefairbanks.com and www.anchorage.net plan on car rentals - necessary in Fairbanks. You can also do a regular run on the Alaska RR and booking lodging independent. I would definately also have a stop in Talkeetna. With independent- you can have more options for Denali Park activities and your choice of bus time. My preference are the first shuttles to Eielson.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Karen,

Small world. Boy did you guys really get socked this winter!!!

I currently have 10 pounds of brochures, tour guides, city and state travel planners and the pile is building higher by the month.

Your suggestion to go more independently sounds great and will require some more inquiries. It's nice that we have so much time to gather hard info as well as experiences from others.

Thanks for the help!!

Dick
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:56 PM
HarleyCT

Hello people - if you are worried about the shore excursions they mostly will be the same. But while I am talking about shore excursions - let me tell you about my experience in Skagway with Southeast Tours - hey, nothing but the best. I took their horse excursion - Yukon Horseback Adventures - most excellent. Oh the best, the highlight of my trip - excellent service - and very friendly that's always a plus! It was well worth the monies spent. They gave us a pin from the city of White Horse plus other information about the Yukon - I thought that was great. Now I am a little more informed than I was. Hope to get back to that area soon. I envy the people that have the home on Emerald Lake though - the lake is absolutely beautiful! Happy Sailing - hope you have the greatest trip ever.
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Passenger

RCCL has 2005 Alaska information listed on its website. We booked our 8/05 Radiance trip last night.
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Yeoman

harley

does southeast give a tour of emerald lake that does not involve riding a horse. i want to see the lake so bad but do not want to rent a car or get on a horse. i sure hope i can come up with a tour by bus that will let me get there. any suggestions ????