Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2004, 11:30 AM
CaroleK

Default from Seattle to Vancouver

We are flying into Seattle on a Friday and want to go to Vancouver. We will be going on Celebrity cruise "Infinity" on Sunday and want to do sightseeing in Vancouver on Saturday. Does anyone out there know what the best way to go from Seattle to Vancouver. The big problem is that there are 6 of us with a lot of luggage. Any suggestions? renting a car, private limo, public transportation, Greyhound ????
On the way back we could take the Celebrity bus since it leaves only on Sunday from port to airport in Seattle. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Carole
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

You could take the Amtrak train on Saturday morning--leaves early I think, like 7 am or something. Go on amway, plug in your dates, and you'll see one in the morning that is a train, and a bunch of other choices that are buses. You could take on of the buses if the time fits better, but the train is great--goes right along the ocean, plus no wait times at the border.

If you do that, I'd recommend staying at the airport on Friday, then taking taxis directly to the train station with all your luggage.

Another option is to rent a one-way van. With 6 people, may be a cheaper way to go, but be prepared for border waits. Depends on what you prefer.
Old March 24th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Brian Horton

Alaska has one-way fares from Seattle to Vancouver for under $100 per person. If you want to head to Vancouver directly from the airport in Seattle, you probably could check your bags all the way through instead of having to drag them around with you.

Celebrity just changed my 06/04 Mercury sailing's departure from Seattle to Vancouver (but the ship still returns to Seattle). Since I had already purchased my air, they are reimbursing me for the Alaska air flights which were $97 each one-way. The bus was $45 per person one-way but I would not appreciate a 3.5 hour bus ride on the heels of an 8 hour trip from Florida.

Brian

Celebrity Mercury 06/04/04

Costa Classica 11/20/04

QM2 05/22/05
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Familiar Face

Take the airport quick shuttle to pier from Seattle..there are several that leave throughout the day. Don't bother with the train as it is far more expensive (need overnight hotel accomadations.)