Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Default What to do in Seattle

Hello

My question is regarding the day our cruise ends. We are supposed to arrive in Seattle in the early morning and we have a very late flight, 1130pm. I want to go to a Mariners game. But we aren't really sure if we would be missing out on seeing something else. So my question is, are there any really "can't be missed" type of things to do/see in Seattle. We have all day.

As I said, as of now, we are planning on going to a Mariners game then dinner somewhere else. We are already doing the Space Needle the night before the cruise, so we'll have that covered.

I appreciate your input
Steve
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Dorothy L
Default Re: What to do in Seattle

We will be spending two days in Seattle after our cruise in August. We are staying at a bed and breakfast there. We figured that we would be full speed ahead during the cruise and 2 days just to relax before we go on to Vegas would be refreshing. At first I listed all these things that I thought we just had to see; and then I came to the realization that we are on vacation and if we don't want to go out of the cottage one night then that's ok. I say do what you enjoy. Sometimes cramming everything in is exhausting. It's your vacation....enjoy it....most of all....relax....

Carnival Spirit
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: What to do in Seattle

Hi Steve--

One thing you might do before the game is go to the Pioneer Square underground tour. You can find it doing a search on the net. Very popular and very interesting, and it is located fairly close to the baseball stadium. I think tours start early in the morning, like 10 or 11, so you could easily do that before the game (I think probably an afternoon game?) The new stadium is amazing itself--plan to go early to the stadium to be able to tour around.

Hope that is a good suggestion for you!
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Admiral

If you go to Seattle, you have to go to Pike's Market, even if you only go for an hour or so.
The Tillicum Indian Village is a wonderful adventure out on an island in the Sound, but it doesn't sound like you have that much time. That would require about a half of a day or so.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Chris123

I also enjoyed the underground tour. I can't say you actually see all that much but the tour was very entertaining all the same. We had a very funny tour guide. And I would also recommend Pike Street Market. It's so very seattle. If you are from the mid-west like me (Dallas) it doesn't get any more west coast than that. Both are cheap family excursions, easy to get to, and entertaining. We are planning a duck tour. Have heard good things but I haven't been yet myself. Have fun!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Yeoman

Duck Tours are a fun way to visit a city. We went on one in Boston and loved it. We have one set up for Ketchikan in Alaska for a quick excursion. We also went on one in the Wisconsin Dells. Lighthearted fun and able to see quite a few sights on land then from the water. Maybe will have to do a Seattle duck tour too. You can never get enough quacking!!!!

Luanne

Old April 6th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Passenger

Thank you everyone so far, but could someone please clarify what exactly is a "duck tour"?

Thanks
Old April 6th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Yeoman

It is an amphibious vehicle used during WW II. They have wheels for the land portion of the tour and then the wheels fold up and it floats for the water portion.
Have a look at the website www.ridetheducksofseattle.com. Here is all the info plus a brief History lesson of how the ducks were used during the war.

Luanne