Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Default Glacier Excursions??

Hello All,

I have found a lot of extremely helpful advice on this board and am looking for some help. We are cruising the end of May on the Sun Princess. We have not yet booked all of our excursions. The one that we did book was Captain Larry out of Juneau. I have read that the helicopter/glacier excursions are not to be missed. Our other ports are Ketchikan and Skagway. From what I have read the better glacier excursions are out of Juneau but I don't know if we will have time for that or if there are others from the other ports. Would love your help! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Glacier Excursions??

We did the four glacier helicopter landing and loved it! It was definitely the best. We did White Pass Railway in Skagway. It was also very beautiful scenery and interesting history. Try to sit on the left side going up for the best view while the narration is going on. You change sides going down, but there is hardly any narration then, so you don't know when to watch for special sights.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:07 AM
Admiral

With Larry you can make very good use of your time by booking a combo glaicer helicopter landing with Coastal. Larry and Coastal drop off and transfer for each other. See if you can schedule it?
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Sundar

Lindsyb

Hello

We will be at Juneau on 21 June. We have booked Icefield Excursion with coastalhelicopters @180.00 US dollars each. I understand that they will pick us up @ 1.15PM at the docks and drop us back by 3.30PM. You can contact them at the following address:

bcoastal@gci.net

Bea Findlay, the person we contacted was very helpful.

You can also look at their website:

http://www.coastalhelicopters.com/