Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Passenger

Default Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari out of Skagway and would appreciate hearing your views on the excursion. This board has been very helpful in planning our trip and can't thank everyone enough for your knowledge. An alternative excursion could be the horseback riding out of Skagway. We have the train scheduled in the afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

hi lynne

may i ask what is the glacier point winderness safari and how did you find out about it. it sounds interesting and i am in the process of finding some new tours for the next trip. please let me know the tour group this is listed under. have a great trip.

Old April 18th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

We are booked on the Sapphire in August. If you go on Princess's website there is a heading for cruise personalizer. You then can get a description of the shore excursions and prereserve them. The following is the description of this trip:
Travel through deep fjords, lush rain forest, colorful wildlfowers and towering mountains on a journey to the face of a sprawling glacier. This wilderness safari into the pristine beauty of Alaska is a photographer's dream.
Board one of the fastest catamarans in North America for a 40 minute cruise along Alaska's deepest fjord. Watch for whales and sea lions en route to a remote beach at Glacier Point. After a short drive and fascinating 1/4 mile walk, the forest suddenly opens to a breathtaking view of the glacier. A 31 foot canoe takes you on a voyage of discovery among icebergs to the face of the mighty Davidson Glacier. Throughout your tour, expert guides share their extensive knowledge of the amazing landscape. A tasty box lunch is served onboard the catamaran on your trip to or from Glacier Point. I was hoping that someone who has taken this trip could give us a review of it.
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

Dusty - I hope the description was what you needed. The price is $215 p.p. Lynn :}