Anyone needing questions anwsered about what there is to see and do in Astoria. I would be glad to assist.
1. Weather is cool in the morning average 45 to 54 and as the day warms up. If overcast 60's and sunny 70's+,they have a saying here if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes. It is like most coastal areas where the wind starts to pick up around 12:00 or 1:00 and when the land mass has cooled down the wind subsides in the late afternoon. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...ncounty=ORC007
2. Astoria has an old trolley that runs from one end of town to the other and is run by volunteers. http://webpages.charter.net/astoriatrolley/
3. Take the trolley and get off at the Columbia River Maritime Maritime Museum, which is located a few blocks from downtown. http://crmm.org/
4. A trip to the Astoria Column is a wonderful site. It is above Astoria overlooking the water on both sides the Youngs Bay and the Columbia River and you can see the ships cross the trecherous and famous Columbia River Bar. (The graveyard of the Pacific)http://www.oregoncoast.com/Astorcol/Astorcol.htm
5. Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark wintered over in the winter of 1805-1806 http://www.nps.gov/focl/
6.You have hit Astoria on the best day of the week Sunday and are lucky enough to be able to go to the Northwests Famous "Astoria Sunday Market". http://www.astoriasundaymarket.org/
You will wish you had three days instead of just one to be in Astoria because there is so much to see and do you will not have enough time.
If anyone has any additional questions I would be glad to anwser if I can and if I don't know I will point you in the right direction.
Have a nice voyage and I hope I have helped to anwser some of the questions you may have had.
And I welcome you to the city of Volunteers. They will be just about everywhere you will go!