Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Pre-Cruise Land Tour

I will on the Spirit south bound on Sept 1st. I would like to here from anyone who has taken the four day pre or post cruise land package. There is very little information about it available from Carnival.

thanks Scott
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Pre-Cruise Land Tour

I don't recommend Carnival's add on tours- they are too short- way too much time in transit and too costly for what you get. If Denali Park is your priority- consider using the www.toursaver.com 2 for 1 coupon with 2 nights at Denali Park with the rail transportation. You will need to add the SHUTTLE to Eielson- about $28pp for the bus into the Park.
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:51 AM
SLICK

Hi Scott, my husband, sister-n-law and I will be on Spirit on Sept. 1st also. So far we have booked our own transportation to Denali (car and 2 nights at the Denali River Cabins). I know karen16 is in favor of the shuttle to Eielson but we have opted for the park tour. In Juneau it is Captain Larry and in Ketchikan it is bear watching with Island Wings. I'm not sure whether I am going to book any tours through Carnival when we get onboard but I doubt it. Since I'm not going to book any helicopter tours I think we will just see what's available in Sitka and Skagway. In Sitka I think we will walk around the town and then take the bus to the Raptor Center. Still haven't decided what we will do in Skagway. Some people love the train and others say it is boring. I don't think we will do it on this trip. We are really looking forward to this trip. From what everyone says on these boards I think this will be the first of many trips to Alaska. See you onboard.
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Yes, I always recommend the shuttle to Eielson. I can not see paying 3 times that price for the tour bus, when there is not much difference, except the box lunch. I have never been on a shuttle bus where the driver wasn't very informative. But if that is what you want- go for it. Some people don't know the differences with the buses, just be informed what they are. Anyway- have plans in place- if you don't want any of the Skagway activities- take the ferry over to Haines- consider a tour with Yeshua or a great rafting with Eco Orco. But be sure to at least get to the free Park Service visitor center in Skagway. http://www.nps.gov/klgo/schedule.htm