Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:39 PM
Jeannette

Default Has anyone used Aurora Limosine or Polar Express to Anchorag

I'm considering using Auroura LImosine or Polar Express to transfer from Anchorage to the ship in Whittier. Has anyone had experience with either? Are they reliable? Did you get any narration from the driver or was it straight transportation? Could you see the scenery out of the windows or were you seated in the middle? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Has anyone used Aurora Limosine or Polar Express to Anch

I don't know anything about them, but I wouldn't expect a "tour". For transportation they are good options if you want independent and availibilty is very limited. For a 1 1/2 hour ride- I wouldn't be too concerned. Even if seated in the middle- you will have views but from Whittier try to get a driver's side seat. opposite from Anchorage for full views of the Arm. If you want more touring and sightseeing options then do a one way rental with Avis. Best option of all with the ability to see some of Anchorage and for a quick stop to Walmart if needed.
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:15 PM
missty1405

I'm considering using Auroura LImosine or Polar Express to transfer from Anchorage to the ship in Whittier. Has anyone had experience with either? Are they reliable? Did you get any narration from the driver or was it straight transportation? Could you see the scenery out of the windows or were you seated in the middle? Thanks.

We are using Auroura Limosine on 6/28. So I can report back then. I wouldn't think you would get a narration. And its a limo..... not sure what you mean by "Could you see the scenery or were you seated in the middle?" I have been a few limo's. And I believe I have always been able to see out. I don't thnk there is a "Middle".
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Jeannette

Default Re: Re: Has anyone used Aurora Limosine or Polar Express to

When I talked to Howard at Auroura, he wouldn't tell me about whether there was a middle seat. He said that if he had 4 people, he'd use the limo but with 6 or more, he'd use a van. He said it was possible he'd put 6 people in the limo. I'm afraid that he could book us (2) with another group in the limo and I'd end up in the middle.

Jeannette
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Mark Lebowitz

I just returned from Alaska (5/22-Coral Princess) and traveled from Whittier to Anchorage with Polar Express. My wife and I were the only passengers. We were picked up on time and the driver was very courteous. It is not a tour, just transportation to Anchorage (about a 1 1/2 hour ride). I would recommend them.
--Mark