Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Juneau - 4 Glacier or Pilots Choice Helicopter Excursion???

I have been trying to choose between the 4 Glacier Helicopter tour and the Pilots Choice Helicopter Excursion for my Sept 5 Cruise. The 4 Glacier has one landing with a little more time on the glacier, but less time in the air. The Pilots Choice is longer and has 2 shorter landings. My gut tells me to do the Pilots Choice as there would seem to be more chance to get the best available views when you factor in the changeable conditions in Juneau. Can anyone give me some feedback on my two choices here. There is a little difference in price, but not enough to be a factor in my decision.
Thanks!

Old June 10th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Juneau - 4 Glacier or Pilots Choice Helicopter Excursion

I would go with the double landing. And consider booking direct with the venders. My preferred out of Juneau is Coastal. I found ERA- the ship contractor, to be much more "shuttle like". My opinion only.
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Juneau - 4 Glacier or Pilots Choice Helicopter Excursion

Thanks for your input, Karen! I took a look at Coastal and they didn't have the "Pilots Choice" listed but Temsco did. I am going to contact them today to see about booking that one. The "Pilots Choice" would seem to give the company more latitude in the flight for the glacier and weather conditions on the day of the tour and therefore offer a better experience than the the other one that seems to follow a prescribed route. Also there is a bit more time in the air and total time on the glaciers.