Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Default Roll Call Holland America's Zaandam 7-17-04

Anyone sailing to Alaska on 7-17-04 on the Zaandam?

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Roll Call Holland America's Zaandam 7-17-04

Hoy Matie !

Yes!! and we are so very excited. There are two of us myself and my mom. What about you? Are you going up early? Tours booked? Can't decide what kind of clothes to take even after reading all the reviews.My name is Diane and we're from Missouri.
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Passenger

Hey Scooter,

Great! I'm so glad to finally communicate with someone who is going on my cruise too. We have a group of 11 going for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. There are 3 older couples and 5 single women in their 40's.

We fly into Vancouver on Sat the 17th at like 11 am and we fly out on Sat the 24th around noon.

We are all from different suburbs between Cleveland and Akron OHIO!!!

We do have some excursions booked...

Juneau a floatplane over the icefields

SKagway the white pass railroad

Ketchikan the Saxman village trip

I hope we can meet up! We'll have to maybe exchange more info or cabin #'s. We are on the Verandah deck but some of our group is also on the Navigation deck and the lower promenade. What deck are you on?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kim
auj1fan
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Roll Call Holland America's Zaandam 7-17-04

Hi Kim,

We're so excited. I'm also in my 40's and I'm taking my mom just for a special trip together. I'm not sure what deck were on yet . picking up our documents tomorrow morning my travel agent said we still don't have our cabin assignment yet that we would get that when we get there. But I did splurge and get a balcony !
We are doing Capt. Larry 's whale watching in Juneau, Skagway we've rented a car and Ketichkan were doing Island Air out to the Misty Fjords. I really do wish we had more time in our ports of call. We decided to go a day early and see a little of Vancouver and we also fly out around noon on the 24th. I just looked at the Holland book and we are catergory BB which is on the Verandah Deck. Who knows we may be neighbors.
Congrats on your folks 50th. What a great way to celebrate!

I'm a homemaker and Ma Ma to one. I have two kids one boy one girl and three minaturaes dauschaunds. Kids are all grown and gone, so that man of mine and I are empty nesters and we love to travel. What about you?

Diane
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Passenger

Hi Diane,

How wonderful a trip for you and your Mom!

Our Travel Agent called today and our docs are in. We will get them Monday when our whole group meets with them.

My Cabin is on the Verandah deck ...with a balcony and I am sharing it with my sister and a good girl friend of mine. We are all single. 2 are divorced and 1 has kids.

Yes it's always been my Mom's dream to go to Alaska so it works out great for their 50th.

It's corny but I think we will all be wearing yellow/gold tshirts on sat the 17th that have our names on the front and some cruising slogan on the back so you may see us.

I believe we have the early dinning time also....do you?

I wish we had more time in the ports too. I keep finding things I want to do and of course we want to check out the towns and do some shopping.

If your a gambler we may see you in there too! Gotta try my luck!

I have a cat and that's it and I love to travel also!

Kim
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Passenger

Hi Kim,

I don't think the T-shirts are corny . I think it's sweet and a wonderful memory.

We'll have to chat when we get our documents.

What kinda of jackets or rain gear are you taking?

We are doing late dinner seating. Hope we did the right thing with the late seating.

My husband Wendell and I did a cruise up the east coast last fall and did the late seating and it worked out well for us. That was the first time for a balcony for us and even though the weather was less than delightful we still enjoyed it very much. We sailed with Princess then, this is my first with H.A. I have heard such great things about them. But I think my mom will be happy on this ship as I believe its probably more geared to our parents age than ours.

Lets keep in touch and try to meet for a drink on board. what do you think?

Diane
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Diane,

I agree with you that this ship is probably geared more to our parents but we'll all have a great time!

Yes I would really like to keep in touch and meet up onboard. We are cabin 6210!

As far as rain gear I have a coat and an umbrella and I found a tip online about taking the plastic disposable raincoats from a dollar store instead of a poncho as you can just throw them away when wet. That way you don't have to worry about packing it back up wet and hauling it around port. I thought that was pretty good.

Only 22 days!

Kim
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Passenger

Hi Kim!

Got our doucuments today . That always make it seem so real and close.

We are in cabin 7005! I can't believe we got our room assignment. Thought we'd have to wait till embarkation.

What a great idea about the rain ponchos. I got one today I had ordered from Lands End. I don't know if I'd ever wear it again. I may go the dollar store way.

I 've looked at USA Today's weather a few days this week and it's been 81 degrees in Juneau everytime I've looked, thats warmer than here now.

I wasn't planning on taking but a pair or two of shorts. I think I'll have to rethink that.

Diane
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:31 PM
JOE REYNOLDS

Hi Guys,
You are in for a real treat.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery...ynolds&match=1

Link for pictures: