Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
HannaS77

Default Juneau Weather

The June 25 issue of theJuneau Daily News reports that the seventh consecutive day their temperature has been in 80 deg. fah, range with the highestt 85deg. fah. However, the article cautions that such temperatres may not prevail throughout the remainder of the summer so be guided accordingly. We are sailing on the Regal Princess on July 15 and hope it might be cooler since our tempertaure at home is in excess of 100 deg. fah. every day.
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Lininak

Default Re: Juneau Weather

I wouldn't worry too much -- our "hot" spells don't usually last that long! It can be in the 80's today and then the 50's tomorrow - but somewhere in the mid 60's to low 70's is more typical. Have a great trip --
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Beginner

Hi HannaS77
We are also on the Regal on July15 th,we did this same cruise 2 years ago and just loved it so we decided to do it again.There are a group of us on Cruise Critic roll call that have been keeping in touch and we were beginning to believe there were no more shipmates out there lol!!! Well do drop by on the roll call and chat a while,we are all meeting on board and having a little sailaway party and you are more than welcome to join us. Have a great weekend.

Tony and Debby
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Thoth

I know what you mean about heat Hanna! I'm going to Alaska in part to AWAY from hot and humid weather. In Mississippi we usally get one one heat wave every year. It starts in May and ends in October!
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Marion Paris

We will be on the Regal on Monday - July 5.

Just booked with Captain Larry and Carol advised that it has been in the 90's in Juneau ....... ouch ....... warmer in Alaska than in Buffalo right now. We have had a very cool Summer so far. It only hit 80 once a few weeks ago. Been 50-60-70 nothing higher.

I will take everyone's advice and just take clothes that I can layer, guess I will be leaving all my heavy stuff home. I will take a hat, gloves, scarf for our day near the glaciers and just wear a lot of layers if the weather gets cooler. I have a rain jacket and will not worry about packing at this point.

Can't wait........will let you all know about our journey when we return.
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Jeronna

Just returned from our cruise to Alaska and what warm temperatures we had!! First port everyone was trying to find summery things to buy as they had packed way too warm!
Definately take light clothing you can layer up IF you need to. Even on our Glacier viewing days I found myself seeking some "shade". Nice though...78 to 83 the entire trip! Calm seas, lots of whales, orca's, seals and bald eagles...wonderful!!

Juneau hit low 90's the day before we arrived and was 83 when we docked.
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Yeoman

We got to experience that first hand also as we were on the June 20th sailing. I see now that they are in the 60's. We were hot on the train and some busses and some stores that didn't have air conditioners were hot too, but we just took it with a grain of salt and said we're glad it's warm and not cold and rainy. Our waves the whole trip were never abouve 4 ft. Slight seas the whole trip. The only "bad" weather we had was fog late Sunday night and on into Monday morning and a little mist the first hour in Ketchikan. With all of the fog we now know that the Star has good fog horns as it seems they blew it quite often. Kind of a neat sound.

Luanne

Old July 5th, 2004, 12:33 PM
famwald

Hanna, don't worry about it. It was 90F when we were there on 6/20 but the air is so dry, it was not uncomfortable. Much better than our 90F here with all our humidity in The South. Fortunately I had packed 2 pairs of shorts . . . just in case . . . and was glad I did.