Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Jill B.

Default 7 months pregnant

My family and I are supposed to go on the Coral Princess from Vancouver to Anchorage in a few weeks and it just came to our attention that I might be too far along in my pregnancy to go! We were told that the cut off was 30 weeks but now it seems it's been changed to 27 weeks. Our travel agent said that she can call the representative from Princess and it should be okay - but now I'm thinking should I be going anyway? Does anyone have any experiences or opinions on this?
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Stephanie Steffan

Default Re: 7 months pregnant

My daughter, at the time 6 months pregnant went with us on a cruise and to tell you the truth we never thought to mention it to the TA or the cruiseline how far along she was or that she was even pregnant. She just checked with her O.B and he thought it was fine, so she went!
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Admiral

You need to verify what the cruiseline's restrictions are, they can deny boarding and consult your MD.
Old July 17th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Yeoman

Yes, you should be going anyways. If you are having a normal healthly pregnancy( it's not an illness or a disease you know) AND your doctor oks it, then GO! It will be your last relaxing holiday for some time!!!

I've gone to Disneyland pregnant AND gone on all the rides( yes the ones with warning signs too!) all three of my kids were fine !
You are pregnant, not crippled, if you feel ok, and Doctors says ok, then what is the problem.
Yes there is a remote chance that you could go into labour, but that is a small chance, plus if you are less than thirty weeks, even if you are at a hospital there is no guarantee that your birth will be successful. They do have a way to get you off the ship quickly, ( helicopter) and there are hospitals in Alaska and an excellant childrens hospital in Vancouver ( plus serveral others)
On the other hand if this is your first child you are probaly very nervous( excited) and if you really think you will be too uptight to enjoy the cruise ,then don't go.
I would though!

The one other( very important) thing that you must check is will your medical insurance cover you in the event of a problem. That is vital !!
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Admiral

4. RIGHT TO REFUSE PASSAGE.
You will not be allowed to board the ship or be entitled to a refund if You do not have proper documentation. Carrier may refuse to embark You if, in Carrier's sole opinion, You are unfit for any reason or You will enter the third trimester of pregnancy by the end of the Cruise. If Carrier refuses to allow You on board for any of these reasons, any refund of the Cruise Fare will be made based on the timing of such refusal in accordance with Section 6 and Carrier will have no further liability. If You become unfit to travel for any reason during the Cruise and/or disembark early, Carrier shall not be liable for any refund or damages.

This is directly from the Princess Web site under their legal page.
This would refer to anyone over 28 weeks. You don't mention where you will be?
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Jill B.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm right on the cusp of my third trimester and after discussing it with my doctor, I've decided to go. This is my second pregnancy and so far very healthy. I'm pretty active chasing after my toddler anyway and I figure with all my family members on the boat, it would probably be better for me to take this vacation than not to.
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:16 PM
Yeoman

Have fun !!