Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM
First Mate

Default Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

I am due to sail on the Summit from Vancouver (was on 17th) now on 20th.
Ports cancelled are; Sitka, Catalina Island and Seattle - plus they have cut San Francisco by half a day. Yes I am truly gutted - especially as I have read such great things about Sitka from you guys.

Does anyone have any views about how good / bad the holiday will be with such amendments?

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

What is going on that ports are closed in Alaska?
Old September 5th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

The Summit is going into an emergency dry dock for repairs to the azipod propulsion system (one of the bearings is again showing signs of premature wear). One cruise was totally cancelled and the the cruise that was to depart on the 17th was cut by three days (I believe it is now an 11 day cruise instead of 14 days.)

Old September 6th, 2004, 04:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

That's correct Lisa, ports cancelled are Sitka (so sad I will miss the sea otters) Catalina Island and Seattle - plus only half day in San Fran now.
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

Please excuse my repetition - I have indulged in a little blossom hill - to drown my sorrows
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

Gram and I are doing this cruise with you. We were (and still are) scheduled into Vancouver on the 15th. We are staying in a Bed and Breakfast for now the first 3 days and then the Metropolitan hotel for the 18th and 19th (no room at our origonal place on those days). We are scrambling around making tour arrangements for a couple of the Vancouver days and will do some sightseeing on our own for the rest.
I am presuming that Celebrity will rebook our prebooked excursions for the right days and times and will refund the unused ones.
I am not going to let this ruin my vacation as long as Summit sails on the 20th.
Gram has decided already she will spend her $500 onboard credit on a piece of jewelry and we already have another Celebrity cruise booked for April to apply the 25% to.
Hope to run into you onboard
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

Glad you are ok about this. I would be confident that Celebrity will honour your tours.
We are still in negotiations with our TA - as unfortunately they locked us into a third party booking agent Getaway who are making it all a bit miserable.
Hope you enjoy your stay in Vancouver, we are going to arrange some tours there, as they all look very good Where are you cruising in April?

Libby
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity cruise cut by 3 days

Eastern Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale in April. Looking forward to that one as well but, this Alaska trip was to be "the vacation of a lifetime" for us. We had added pre and post days in Vancouver and San Diego and made this an eighteen day trip. I'm hoping that at this point the ship sails on the 20th. With that I'm not going to get upset. Beyond that, I really don't want to simply get on this ship to "dead head " down the coast to SanDiego.