Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to TexasCruisinMom
Default Juneau excursion: fly-out-fly fishing & Capt Larry whale

I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me. My husband has his heart set on us doing his "once in a life time" fly-out on a floatplane fly fishing excursion which is approx 6 hrs (Celebrity Summit excursion), and I would REALLY like to be able to do the Capt Larry whale watch. Does anyone know what times the fly-out fishing trip starts? If its in the morning (earlier) then hopefully we would have time to return in time to go see some whales. I've even considered us going our seperate ways while in Juneau, but I'd like to experience these things together. Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge of scheduling of the two excursions? FYI: celebrity will be in Juneau 8am-10pm. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Juneau excursion: fly-out-fly fishing & Capt Larry w

When are you going??? Fishing is winding down inside passage. But since you are willing to book direct Orca Enterprises- why not book the fly in fishing too?? Then you can set up your own times for your advantage??? http://www.alaskabyair.com/
Old September 11th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to TexasCruisinMom

Karen, thanks for the quick response. We are not going until June 26,2005. I didn't know Orca Enterprises also had a fly-in fishing. I'll check out that site you listed. Do you know if Capt Larry's does an evening whale watch (thinking it stays light out later)?
Old September 13th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Admiral

For clairfication- Orca Enterprises does NOT operate fly in fishing. My only reference is that since you booked independent for one why not the other. The fly in fishing is done by Alaska Fly N Fish- web address above. Yes Orca enterprises does a pm watch around 6pm. I would NOT book anything now that you can not easily cancel. Orca Enterprises has cancelation fees. You also need to consider transfer times or arrange a taxi. With a return to downtown between either tour you need to add at least an hour shuttle time to your schedule.
Old October 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Karen,
When would you book the excursions? What would be an adequate amount of time for sailing in late May? I will watch for cancellation fees! Tks, Cathy

Caribbean Princess
HAL Zuiderdam -October 2003
Disney Wonder - May 2004
HAL Statendam - May 2005
Disney Wonder - Sept 2006
Carnival Fantasy - Dec 2006
Carribean Princess - Oct 2007
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Admiral

I never book more than 90 days ahead because I don't even know I'm going before then. But I am also flexable with several options. Booking next year will give you plenty of time. If something you really MUST do, inquire directly from the vender and ask what their booking numbers are then make your choice if only a few slots left.