Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
NYC95

Default Flights to Vancouver for Alaskan Trip

I'm interested in taking a cruise to,Alaska. The cruise will be aboard,Celebrity's Infinity,
and will leave for the Inside Passage on August 21st. Now the problem. I can't seem to find a decent flight from, New York to,Vancouver. I was planning to arrive a day early and
stay in a hotel but the lowest airfare has the plane leaving New York at 11:10 PM and arriving at 2:10 AM Sunday morning. With the other flights there's a problem with the time we come back. It seems all the return flights are early in the morning and we won't be able to get off the ship in time.

Does anyone have any advice?

Do you think as the Summer approaches the airlines will have more flights to Vancouver?
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Denise Blackmore, ACC

Default Re: Flights to Vancouver for Alaskan Trip

Dear NYC95,

I had a similar problem traveling the reverse direction. I flew from Vancouver to New York for a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. My best suggestion would be to fly on Continental Airlines out of Newark. Them seemed to have the best times. OR travel with Alaska Airlines through Seattle (its not a direct flight).

I wouldn't expect anymore flights to be added between New York and Vancouver.
Good luck!

Denise Blackmore, ACC
Old November 24th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Admiral

You need to be looking at a "multicity" option if you aren't already. Use Orbitz, Expedia etc to see who is flying your routes. Then go direct to the web sites. Sometimes you get more flights by using the "schedule option, rather than the price" option. I never book my air this early and always get decent flights flying from Syracuse. Look at United and Northwest. Out of Anchorage- the flight will most likely be either morning or overnight. But more important- add days here- you are missing an excellent opportunity for superb touring, especially if not a frequent travelers.
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Check out Continental from Newark through their hub in Houston. Yes I know it sounds a bit convoluted, but it works. From NY to Houston the flight leaves very early in the am
and the connection in Houston is right in thesame terminal, no problems. Gets you in to Vancouver at lunch time believe it or not. I'm sure there are reverse flights (again through the Continental hub cities that will work for you.
Old November 24th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Copperhead626

Try New York to Toronto to Vancouver via Air Canada. The bonus is that you pay in Canadian dollars so is cheaper for you. Web site www.aircanada.ca
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Passenger

NYC95;
We will be doing the same cruise as you, but in July. We have booked Continental non-stop Newark to Seattle. We are a family of 3 & it is nearly 1/2 the price of flying into Vancouver. We will rent a car to get to/from vancouver & Seattle & it's still much cheaper. We are flying in 2 days prior.
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Admiral

I agree with flying to Seattle then to Vancouver via car, bus or whatever. Alsaka Airlines does have flights to Vancouver from Seattle as well. We live near Vancouver and quite often drive to Seattle to take flights throughout the U.S. So much cheaper. If you can - try to spend a few days here in B.C. - especially Vancouver - it is an amazing city - but then I just might be a little prejudiced lol -- Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.TTFN Jennifer