Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
First Mate

Default vancouver beaches?

My family of 5 is going to be spending 5 days pre-cruise in Vancouver next August. I'm not sure how much walking and shopping my 3 kids will be interested in doing. Are there any nice beaches?
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: vancouver beaches?

There are a number of beaches literally just across the street from some of the residential neighborhoods as I recall. I do believe that our "guide" on a city tour we took said something about rather chilly water temps not much above 50 degrees FH, even in the summer.
I don't know the ages of your kids, but, check out things like Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. Catalano suspension bridge and the treetops trail. Grouse Mountain Tram. Take the family on a day trip up to Whistler, check out the Village, and their are many places to stop and check out on the ride there and back.
Perhaps a side trip to Victoria and while there a whale watching excursion to see the Orcas out near the San Juan Islands.
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are looking for a beach, there are two names to remember. They are: Long beach and Toffino. Both of them, are on vancouver island.
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Denise Blackmore

Hi marty,

There are a few nices beaches to visit while in Vancouver. In downtown Vancouver the best beach is English Bay Beach. Outside of downtown Vancouverites/residents spend most of the time on Kitsilano Beach, Spanish Banks & Jerico Beach. Enjoy the sunsets!

Denise Blackmore, ACC
Vancouverite