Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Beginner

Default Luggage and transporation to Whittier

We are coming in early before a cruise and doing our own thing. Not sure what to do with our bulk of luggage since there will be 4 traveling. There will be room for overnight bags, but not full cruise luggage.

Does anyone have a recommendation of where to store our luggage for 4-5 days such as at the airport? Not planning on staying in an Anchorage hotel so that option is eliminated.

I am checking on the train transfer from Achorage to Whittier through Radisson Seven Seas Cruises since that is a $65 option for us. Any thoughts on that?
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Luggage and transporation to Whittier

There is no long term airport luggage storage that I know. I strongly suggest you pack light and take everything with you. Why not do one bag for 2 people?? To greatly cut down on bulk - do laundry. As for the train- why not just take the regular run of the Alaska RR for $49pp leaving at 10am- unless you are going to be at the airport area and need to get the cruise contracted rail there??? There are several hotels that give airport and depot shuttles. But be aware- the transfer via road or rail are EXACTLY the same views on this portion of the Seward Highway- with the bus taking less time.
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Luggage and transporation to Whittier

Yes I think there is long term storage. Call , Baggage and Freezer Storage at (907)248 0373 . They are at the airport and will give you the info. you need.