Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Mizzum

Default Airport tranfer from Vancouver Airport to Hotel

Thanks for all the wonderful info! We are arriving in Vancouver the day before our cruise departs. I have booked the Sheraton Vancouver, but now am wondering about transportation fom the airport to the hotel. Sheraton does not offer free shuttle service from the airport. Am second guessing that maybe I should have booked a hotel through Princessand had them arrnage all the transfers- anyway- is there easy transportation from the airport and do I need to make arrangements in advance? Cost? Also- tranportation to the cruise ship the next day- any suggestions? Thanks again for all the wonderful info!

Mizzum
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Airport tranfer from Vancouver Airport to Hotel

Hi Mizzum,
When we cruised out of Vancouver we just got cabs from the airport to the pier and from the pier back to the airport. It was very easy and they gladly accepted the American dollar, just make sure you can make the right conversion, but you should have no problems using cabs.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
belle

hi mizzum

we are out of vancouver as well on the 20th of may and have a hotel in vancouver,,,,,,,,,,,thought we would take a limosine since therre are 4 of us to our hotel. On the day of the cruise we are booked on a tour that will pick us up at 9 a.m. and take us for a tour then drop us at opur cruise ship with all of our luggage. I thought this wasa pretty good way to get to the ship and see some sights.

Belle
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:20 PM
peged

The airport in Vancouver has a great hotel on the premises...No need for transportation from the airport to a hotel....
Old February 21st, 2005, 12:01 PM
First Mate

if you visit the yvr airport site you can go too the ground transportation link and see what there is too get you downtown. there are buses, taxis and limo services. i think a local bus line has a very reasonable pice and you get too see some of the town on the ride to your hotel. have fun.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:28 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to chipandjohn
Default Re: Re: Airport tranfer from Vancouver Airport to Hotel

Hello Belle, we are sailing May 7th from Vancouver and would be interested in the tour you've booked for the day of sailing. Can you give me the tour company or any information in contacting them for a tour of our own? We'll be in Vancouver a day early and staying at the Hyatt.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Admiral

TAKE A CAB, and don't stay at the airport unless you are just looking for a bed before/after the cruise. You will be greatly impaired for any Vancouver touring from there. A cab will cost about $28+++ca. (Use a credit card for the best exchange. ) Certainly not enough to second guess a great downtown location.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Airport tranfer from Vancouver Airport to Hotel

chipandjohn

the tour group is www.vancouvertours.com. it is land/sea tours and they are fantastic. i am going to use them again in may for the #5 pre-cruise tour. they pick you and your luggage up at the hotel. take you too many wonderful places in vancouver--stanlely park too see the totom poles, grandville market ( i love it ), and then you drive through gastown, robson street and china town. then they take you right to the dock and drop you off where the porters are. fun and easy. it is great and only about $45 american per person. i cant wait to go with them again. very informative, safe drivers and they have large smaller size buse that are very clean and easy to get in and out of. give them a call and have a great time.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:36 AM
snuks2

hi

the phone # is 1-877-669-2277 or u can email them at www.vancouvertours.com. They seemed very good.

Belle