Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Beginner

Default TO ALASKA FROM CHS

We are going to Alaska in June. We are flying out of Charleston SC.
Has anybody else gone to Alaska from Charleston and if so, did they fly you in on the same day?

I just returned from a trip to St. Croix and every single flight was either late or cancelled, If things don't improve by then, I can't see making the ship on time.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: TO ALASKA FROM CHS

Frankly- you are making a mistake getting cruiseair. You will NOT know you flight schedule until at the earliest 60 days ahead. You will be getting left over cheap, cruise contracted seats and possible- terrible connections. You are FAR better off booking your own flights- extremely simple to do. AND most certainly- they will fly you in the day of sailing. I highly recommend arriving the day before. If you are cruising one way- by all means add an interior tour anyway- but book your own flights and transfers using the "multi city" option on airline and booking sites.
Old February 25th, 2005, 10:17 AM
odie1

Default Re: TO ALASKA FROM CHS

We took a Alaska Cruise last June. We flew into Vancouver a couple days before and flew out of Anchorage the fday after the cruise. If at all possible I would recommend taking a flight the day before and staying the night.. That way if there are delays you would still not miss your cruise. We stayed a night in Anchorage after the cruise simply because the flights we had to choose from were very late and the early flight out was too early the day the cruise ship docked, The next cruise my wifes picks ( Bahamas) but the one after that Its my turn to pick. Guess where I'm going again?
Enjoy yourself