Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Zeyda

Default Suggestion for travel to Vancouver from Seattle

Hi, I'm trying to plan the best travel to Vancouver for our cruise in May. We are flying in to Seattle on a Friday and need to get to Vancouver the following Saturday. I've read from some of you that there is a train available, and a friend told me about Quick Shuttle. I also read that the wait can take a while to board the ship if you don't get there early. The shuttle service plans on a 4.5 hour drive to Vancouver, so I thought about renting a car, driving to Vancouver on Friday, staying at the Holliday Inn on Howe St. (either walking or cab to the pier on Saturday morning) and book the shuttle service for my return to the airport on our return.

Can you suggest anything that I might not be thinking about? Thank you for someone saying how long the wait was at the pier if you don't get there early, never thought about that, and that's why I decided to change plans and not stay overnight in Seattle.

Thank you!!!! ZC
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Suggestion for travel to Vancouver from Seattle

I have to disagree- there is no point in getting to the pier too early and waiting in line then. I always plan on arriving about 1-2 pm and just walk on, since most people were waiting in line earlier to board. Just a thought, Vancouver is a great place for some quick touring as well. You have found the 3 transfer options available.
there also likely is a cruise contracted bus. I most always drive, but took Quick Shuttle with no complaints one time.
Old March 12th, 2005, 09:40 AM
First Mate

we too are using quick shuttle. they are right at the airport and drop you off at your hotel in vancouver. then when you get off the ship they are at the dock to take you back to seattle airport or a couple hotels in seattle. the cost was just $130 total for the two of us. and that is a roundtrip ride. here is there site. www.quickshuttle.com. check them out. we wont have any taxi's to worry about either. i hope this helps. i prefer to stay in vancouver because it is such a wonderful city and i love to spend time there.

Old March 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Zeyda

I must say, this is the best message board that I've used...you've all given great advise, friendly and very willing to help. We are Florida natives, and all of our cruises have been to the Caribbean, so we're really looking forward to our Alaska cruise. Thank you for helping me plan.

Thank you!
Zeyda, Tampa, FL
Old March 12th, 2005, 02:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Suggestion for travel to Vancouver from Seattle

zeyda

if you spend the night in vancouver there is a wonderful tour service that wiil pick you and your luggage up at your hotel and give you a fantastic tour of vancouver and other spots. then they take you right to the ship and drop you off. no taxi's, a wonderful tour and you get too see vancouver. they are called land/sea tours. check them out at
www.vancouvertours.com. the #5 pre-cruise tour is the one i am talking about. it is about $45 u.s. currency. i am using them for the 2nd time when i go this summer for my alaska cruise. they are great and i had a great time. a good tour for the morning of your cruise.