CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/)
-   -   Horseback riding at Emerald Lake (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alaska/248070-horseback-riding-emerald-lake.html)

cap March 16th, 2005 12:51 AM

Horseback riding at Emerald Lake

Ccan someone give me any information about horseback riding at Emerald Lake? We are renting a car in Skagway and driving up. I know Southeast Tours does a Yukon trip, but according to their website, they pick up and drop off from Skagway. Another mb stated that there may be another stable nearby. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

antron March 16th, 2005 01:38 AM

Re: Horseback riding at Emerald Lake

6 of my family members where picked up in skagway to take the ride to the stables in a great van that had huge windows and a driver that knew everything about the area and culture. then they got to the stables and took the horse back ride to emerald lake and around the area. they loved it . they have horses and were so impressed with jodi, the excellant health and condition of the horses and how fantastic the ride was. i would use them and without any worries. save yourself the driving and let them do it for you. it was the best tour they took. have a great time.

Sea Trekker March 16th, 2005 06:09 AM

We want to do the Seaeast tours too,
They only have the Deluxe trip going/ ie horse riding,etc.
Can't do any horses, does any one know of another company that will take us
to Emerald Lake?

CeCe March 16th, 2005 06:34 AM

Re: Re: Horseback riding at Emerald Lake

The same company DOES offer the trip without the horseback riding. Go to their website www.southeasttours.com. They also have a direct email address and/or phone number listed just in case you want to have more of a personal conversation!! Good luck. I'll watch this posting and see if you have any luck.

KP March 16th, 2005 07:30 PM

Good luck booking with South East Tours. I tried a month ago and was told they could only put me on stand by. They sell to another agency, what ever is left over you "may " get. When I booked whale watching with Captain Larry (ORCA Enterprises), I asked if they had any tours from Skagway to Emerald Lake, Carcross Desert. We are now booked for the Yukon Discovery/Frontier Ex. If you get the runaround from South East Tours you could try this tour. Good Luck KP

cap March 16th, 2005 10:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I contacted Southeast Tours and they informed me for our own transportation, the cost would be $25.00 less than if they provided the transportation. ($125.00 per person rather than $150.00 pp) They did suggest leaving the driving up to them, but we really want to explore the mileposts of the Klondike hwy.

KP-
Did Orca Enterprises give you any discounts for booking two tours? And does your Yukon trip include horseback riding around Emerald Lake?

Karen16 March 17th, 2005 10:23 AM

For clarification- Orca Enterprises does not run the above tour and is the booking agent. No discounts usually for mulitours. Exception would be going double with them, twice I stayed on their boat for a repeat whale watch, also scheduled another double trip for May. Second trip is half price. But this is best for a full day in port and die hard whale watchers. :) Way too much to see and do in Juneau for the first couple visits. :)

oppo March 21st, 2005 01:50 PM

Hi antron,

I am thinking of booking with south east tour for the horseback riding to emerld lake too, i want to ask you, how on time are they? they say it takes about 6 hrs, and i only have about 1 hr of gap before my ship sail, so i can get an idea.
thanks much!