Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM
lucy5

Default icy strait point

Since Icy Strait Point is a new port for some cruise ships, nobody ever mentions it. Any comment on these options: Whale & Marine Mammal Cruise

Remote Bush & Brown Bear Search

Glacier Bay Flightseeing (1hr. 45min. for $285) no landing

Forest & Nature Tram

Hoonah Sightseeing

Arrive in port on May 30. This is my last plea for help. Thanks for all the help on our previous requests. Will report back to all after we get home from cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:55 PM
jq

Default Re: icy strait point

Lucy,
I hope you have read the long threads of hoonah tglinket boy on the cruisecritic alaska board. He is a local, works as naturalist for cruise line and has shared lots of info with many of us. I have posted whenever I see ISP but since we were there only one day in Sept, can't give you first hand knowledge of the rest. We did the whalewatch and it was the best we have ever done. It lasted about 3.5 hrs, not leaving enough time for us Summit psgrs to see much else except around the docks and cannery area. I think it has been shortened a little, maybe to allow more time for other things. I talked to several who took the bear tour and some saw one and others saw more. They have these tours starting on half hour stagger and some were lucky. The tour out there to the Spasky river valley platforms is supposed to be nice and a chance to see and hear about Hoonah. We wanted a couple of more hrs to see the town and talk with the local people. Since there have only been Celebrity and RCCL ships there and not every day, not many have done it. This was the reason we chose Summit for our last trip.