Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 09:44 PM
KEG

Default Helicoper Tours

There are a couple of heli tours that fly out of Juneau. Temscoair, Coastal and Era. Has anyone flown on more than one of these or have an opinion on which is considered the best? Any comments, good or bad, would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Helicoper Tours

I have glacier helicopter landed 6 times, 1 ERA, 3 Coastal, 2 TEMSCO. I've been canceled upon twice for glacier dog sledding and gave up 2 years ago when did the real thing on a winter visit. I recommend booking WHAT tour you are interested in. But consider the single landing if funds for anything more , impact on your other touring choices. I firmly believe a varied Alaska touring experience is the way to go. I've done the double glacier landing twice- definately a highlight.
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:20 AM
beckybear

Default Re: Helicoper Tours

The tours are comprable. They each land in different places in the ice field, but every place is spectacular. TEMSCO is adding dog-sledding this year so there will be more total number of spaces available.

You have a better chance at dog-sledding earlier in the season because the snow pack is still good, In 2003 dog-sldding ended early.

Becky
http://www.Alaskapersonaltours.com