Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:41 PM
HannaS7

Default Seattle, Wash, Airport

It probably has been 30 or more years when we had to get to Vancouver and home via Seattle Airport. This was before cruise ships started to enmbark and disemback Alaska cruise passengers. The one time we had to use Seattle airport there was much you could write abut this airport.We are hoping the facility has improved. Can anyone who has had to fly into Seatle Airport to take ruise ship relate your experience; was it good, bad or accepable. We have booked a cruise with Princess this year embarking and returning to Seattle. One of the party of two is disabled using a wheelchair. To get from the airport to the ship we usually a taxi, and hopefuly there are plenty available. It is dificult forb the wife to get into a bus.

Thanks for any thoughts.

HannaS
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Seattle, Wash, Airport

It is a big airport and no different from any other of the size in my opinion. Cabs are lined up right outside baggage claim. It will be about $25 to port, more if a w/c is involved?
Old May 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Lori...St. Louis

The Seattlr airport is a nightmare! I hope to never go thru it again. We went to Alaska in May 2004 and we were amazed at the lines in this airport. As we went into the airport we did notice some very long lines so we decided to sit for a bit and have a soda until the lines dies down. After about 45 minutes we realized they were never going to die down and we got in line. The lines were to enter the gates were hours long. We were lucky to make our flight as we were in line for about an hour and a 1/2. We are going back to Alaska in Sept. 2005, but we are leaning towards flying to Vancouver to avoid this unpleasant experience.

Lori
St. louis
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Sorry but with Vancouver, you can encounter even more lines as you are international. Departures require a 2 hour window. So no way around most of the lines.
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Lori...St. Louis

Default Re: Re: Seattle, Wash, Airport

Thanks for the info...I suppose putting up with lines in an airport is well worth it when I know that a cruise is waiting for me. If Vancouver is just as bad then I may as well save the extra money I will pay to fly there and just go thru Seattle.

Lori...St. Louis
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Just what we have to endure for our safety after 9-11.
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:23 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

I was just on the Seattle forum website and one of the locals said they just opened a new shopping and traveler rest area which is suppose to be really nice,with the street pricing for the shops.Im hoping to hang out in the rest area before our flight back home.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Calhoon

Hi! I live in Walla Walla, WA and we fly through Seattle all the time. I would say that SEA is a normal airport with all the help you need getting to the ship, even with a wheelchair. They have been doing a lot of remodeling and it is a big airport. I really think you will be just fine! Enjoy your cruise!